Clone my system drive

karossii

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I recently built a new system, including an SSD as the boot drive. I have been having a ton of stability issues, causing me to troubleshoot just about every component, with no success - until I installed a clean copy of windows on a secondary drive. It runs fine, limiting the issues to either software or the SSD boot drive. I am fairly certain it isn't software related; I am running nothing unusual, have no virii or malware, and have run an identical software load on previous PCs with no issues. While I love the speed of the SSD, I can't live with 1-4 system crashes per day, so wish to return it and get a new one.

Since I have invested dozens of hours installing and tweaking the software, I would really prefer to not have to do that all again. I have a blank drive which is large enough to hald the contents of the system drive; how do I clone the SSD onto it, so that the new drive is bootable (and then later reverse the process to install the next replacement SSD)?

EASEUS TODO BACKUP has a clone feature.

BTW, last night I used Apricorn's EZ Gig IV to clone my HDD onto a new WD RE4 drive. The new drive is faster (poor man's SSD - :) )

Apricorn's Drivewire will do the job. http://www.apricorn.com/products/desktop-ssd-hdd-upgrade-kits/drivewire-ide-pata-sata-to-usb-hdd-adapter.html

Acronis may have a free version. There are some others but I do not have personal experience with them.

Yes it has the option to select the programs that you want to clone. This is an especially good feature when going from an HDD to an SSD which is usually smaller than the HDD. I used Apricorn's 'Drivewire' for doing this. This is the second day that the newly cloned drive is running. Runs great!

The cloning went great, I hope the drive holds up and performs to expectations! WD RE4