Mar 28, 2010
Hi all I have a nagging problem i built a pc, specs:
Asus p5n-d
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 GHz
Geforce 8400(reading 7300?)
OCZ ddr2 800 pc6400 4gb
2.5 Tb Hdd
Antec 650 pws
I'm running win xp pro 32 bit I know i should be running 64 bit but that is all i have right now.

problem is after a couple of minutes running it locks up and some times just reboots?I tried all, cleaned scanned for virus, swapped ram sticks,checked and recheck bios settings,not running raid by the way. Tried 3DBenchmark ran first test locked up during second ran again both test no prob? ran again locked up?no wares on pc no virus? any help would be great.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I use that motherboard and that CPU..

Try to a Windows repair, takes about 30 minutes. I just did this yesterday on my Asus P5N-D not because it had issues from a fresh build but because I installed a hard drive preloaded and running from a G31 mobo. I installed the P5N-D drivers but probably corrupted the system. Try the Windows repair first and then work on troubleshooting if it's a hardware issue. You'll need a stable OS first before you do the stress tests on your new build.

Flash the BIOS mobo if you don't have the most recent version. It might not "like" your 2.5 tb HD.
Leave all settings on default or auto.

Do you have RAM sticks in the same color slots? What are the CPU temps while in BIOS? If it's past 50 or high 50s already then your HSF fan and thermal paste was not installed correctly.

dostech

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
thx some things to try here, i did a sys reinstall last night then reinstalled mobo drivers updated the sli drivers from nvidia did a flash the other day. the 2.5 TB is 2HDDs 1TB each and a 500 gb I havn't checked the thermo paste yet will do also i starting to lean towards the PWS. thx for the info

TRENDING THREADS