Can't overclock/overclock does not have effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi, I'm having a problem with my processor. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 960T which is at default clocked at 3.0 ghz.

When I first got my computer, I could overclock it with AMD Overdrive to 3.4 ghz no problem. However, after installing a new graphics card(upgrading from an integrated Radeon HD 4200 to a Radeon HD 6970) the "Performance" tab in AMD Control Center appears and disappears randomly with each reboot. Sometimes the tab is there when I boot my computer up and I can auto-tune and overclock it to 3.4 ghz, but the clock doesn't have an effect on any application(it doesn't show the higher clock in system properties, benchmarking programs, anything) and when I reboot it still has no effect. Sometimes when I reboot the performance tab in AMDCC is missing entirely. My PSU has 600 watts of power, could that be insufficient for the overclocking? I thought it could've been my motherboard not supporting overclocking, but it worked before the GPU upgrade.

Does anyone have some insight into this? I've looked extensively through the internet to try to find a solution but have had no luck.

Cheeman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
My PSU is a Corsair GS600.

I'll try that, thanks!

Sorry about the unanswered questions- my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS, it's a Logitech G110.

That worked beautifully davcon, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.