How to build a 300 dollar gaming pc

G

How to make a gaming pc for 300$!!!

The first thing you need is your old computer, I know sound strand but it will make since in a little bit. Your old pc will provide you a case, power box, floppy drive, CD/DVD drive (always better to have an extra), hard drive, and possibly ram.

Your processor will need to be a Pentium D; this duel core is great for gaming and other hard tasks. But to support it you will need a mother board from gigabyte, and maybe 8 GB of Kingston ram. Extra fans might be good to, but this can go way over 300$, so if possible you could sell all of those parts in your computer on eBay for an extra 10 or 20 bucks. And that should make a pretty decent gaming pc( this is what I did with my old gateway :)!!!!!

For questions go to frestaman1@hotmail.com

incredibly bad build, a pentium D runs hot and slow relative to a modern dual core, and waht do you do about gaming? Generally for a gaming PC an older PSU is insufficient for a decent GPU, so you will spend about $80 on the GPU and at least 40 on the PSU, another 150 for the motherboard and CPU, $50 more for the ram, oh look im already over budget by 20 and i havent even accounted for the fact that most OEM cases have crap airflow.

jbakerlent

Distinguished

The first thing you need is your old computer, I know sound strand but it will make since in a little bit. Your old pc will provide you a case, power box, floppy drive, CD/DVD drive (always better to have an extra), hard drive, and possibly ram.

Your processor will need to be a Pentium D; this duel core is great for gaming and other hard tasks. But to support it you will need a mother board from gigabyte, and maybe 8 GB of Kingston ram. Extra fans might be good to, but this can go way over 300$, so if possible you could sell all of those parts in your computer on eBay for an extra 10 or 20 bucks. And that should make a pretty decent gaming pc( this is what I did with my old gateway :)!!!!!

W. T. F.

bob_vicktor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
I believe he meant the the current Pentium Dual Cores.
What he just described is more or less what I did, but I got a new case for exactly the reason hunter mentioned. 8GB of ram is overkill though with a Pentium, besides having to get at 64-bit OS to address it all.

+1 @ Hunter

This is complete crap. For gaming, you need a good GPU. For a good GPU, you need a good PSU. In order to not bottleneck the GPU, you need a decent CPU. There's also no need to put 8GB of RAM in a budget gaming PC. It's a waste of $$. I wouldn't put more than 4GB of RAM in a budget PC.

The OP must be a hardcore solitaire and hearts gamer.

Malicemk

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know what this guy is talking about , but is a AMD Phenom II X4 910 good for this concept ? have a spare computer laying around