Solved

Need a better Graphic card in a HP Pavilion p6240f

Hey guys...

Ok I have a HP Pavilion p6240f Want to put a better card in it can you guys help me? Here are the specs..

Processor:Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5ghz
Chipset:Intel G43 Express
Motherboard: Pegatron lPlEL-LA3 Or this name HP/Com name- Eureka 3-GL8
PowerSupply:300w
Memory:8GB PC3-10600/PC3-8500/240 pin-DDR3
PCI Express x16 One
PCI Express X1 Three
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need graphic card pavilion p6240f
  1. What will you be using 'a better' graphics card for? The 300w PSU limits which PCIe cards can be used in the available slot.
  2. badge said:
    What will you be using 'a better' graphics card for? The 300w PSU limits which PCIe cards can be used in the available slot.


    Just trying to play Aion on it..need better card in Windows 7 it is rated 3.4..
  3. With a 300W power supply you are pretty much limited to a 4670 / 9600GT (Green) or something way less.
  4. amnotanoobie said:
    With a 300W power supply you are pretty much limited to a 4670 / 9600GT (Green) or something way less.


    ok which one would be better? here is a link to my computer
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computers/desktops/p6280t_series/rts/3/computer_store/NY550AA%2523ABA
  5. Best answer
    Not familiar with Aion. With a PSU upgrade my suggestion would be this Radeon 4770. If it were my system, I would try installing this card with the idea of upgrading the PSU if needed. Unless you have six storage HD, a load of other usb things attached to the system and a very large overclock of the system (not possible on an HP). Your system would pull 150-180w at most. Moderately to heavily stressed with this card it would not pull 300w. You can't even OC the system and add additional stress.


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369

    This card would work, but I would buy the 4770 and try it with the low power draw, non overclocking system you have.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150450
  6. badge said:
    Not familiar with Aion. With a PSU upgrade my suggestion would be this Radeon 4770. If it were my system, I would try installing this card with the idea of upgrading the PSU if needed. Unless you have six storage HD, a load of other usb things attached to the system and a very large overclock of the system (not possible on an HP). Your system would pull 150-180w at most. Moderately to heavily stressed with this card it would not pull 300w. You can't even OC the system and add additional stress.


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369

    This card would work, but I would buy the 4770 and try it with the low power draw, non overclocking system you have.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150450



    Thank you for your help i'll order the...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814150450
  7. The Radeon 4770 is a much, much better card for gaming. Did I say the 4770 is much, much better. But, it does cost more and the 4670 should work with the PSU you have.
  8. yeah might upgrade PSU later but witch card is better...
    XFX HD-467X-DDF2 Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150449
    XFX HD-467X-ZDF2 Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150450
  9. Definately the card with GDDR3.
  10. I bought this computer too (hp p6240) for about 610.00 shipped with the sale/ 35 online order coupon. I wanted a nice gaming pc out of it, and that i did.

    I upgraded the PSU to an ultra 650w @ comp usa 64.99. And bought a GTX 275 Geforce card 225.00. Runs Crysis 20 - 50fps in high settings. All depends on the amount of action going on. Blows away my XPS 420 with 8800GT.


    In the future i will upgrade the case for more airflow, card can get hot. And maybe buy new motherboard to over cloak the processor to 3.0ghz
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HP Pavilion PCI Express Graphics Product