Random dots then gone! WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
hey there everyone, i am randomly encountering weird random dots on my screen when i first boot up my pc, i leave it to go to windows then i get lines across the screen and then bsod saying display driver stopped responding and could not be reset, this can be easily fixed by turning off and on again! i thought this was due to an overclock issue, so i tested everything very extensively! using prime 95, fur mark, amd overdrive, memtest, 3d mark and playing games, and even combinations of these tests, and nothing came up, not one issue whatsoever, so i reset all defaults to my pc, default card clock, cpu clocks, even underclocked ram to 800mhz, and still when i first turn on my pc i get these weird dots then bsod after booting to windows, repeated these steps, and the only thing that works is turning the pc off and on again, i disabled internal graphics, enabled it, tried so many different things, has anyone ever encountered anything like this?
also randomly sometimes when playing games for ages i get system hang that i have to reset to get the comp working again, could this be a psu issue? i was thinking as i have tested everything else perhaps it is this, but that would not explain why i can run prime95 and all others for hours and hours with no issue whatsoever

gigabyte ga-ma790gp-ud4h
phenom 2 720 2.8ghz 3 cores
crucial ballistix 1066 set to 800
xfx 4890 @ 850 core and 975 clock
antec truepower 550

hope i have included all info you need to help! this is really bugging me now!

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
hey, havent tried it yet, but i have ran furmark for about 12 hours and have ran a real time hdr test for about the last 3 hours, with no errors, also ran various diagnostic tools and nothing reported, will give it a try, but the onboard graphics is disabled at the mnute and it still randomly does it

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
will definately look into it, but its a brand new card, so how come it works when turned off and on again, this is every single time without fail, when it does this, that method works, also how come diagnostics have found not a single error? i dont understand? i played fallout 3 yesterday for 13 hours solid, with not a single error, settings 1680x1050 8xaa and 10 samples of anistropic, all settings ultra high

Status
Not open for further replies.