Sign in with
Your question

How to upgrade thinkpad t60 2007 video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2009 12:27:54 PM

I have got Thinkpad T60 2007 model which i purchased in 2006. I did clean install 7 times and because of ATI graphics driver, i get blue screen. So after installation i need to remove ATI X1300 driver and then restart my company. Can i change my video card in thinkpad t60 2007 model with win XP. this model is not compatible with Vista.
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2010 11:14:03 AM

And to answer your second question-- no you cannot change the video card in a laptop. Laptop cards are soldered to the board.
January 19, 2010 9:24:01 AM

deadlockedworld said:
And to answer your second question-- no you cannot change the video card in a laptop. Laptop cards are soldered to the board.

That isn't 100% true. There are laptops with dedicated video cards that are not soldered into the motherboard. I know this because I replaced the ATI graphics card in my Dell laptop with an Nvidia card. The only issue is that it MUST be the same size/dimensions as well as connection (mini PCI-Express is what mine was). The Nvidia card came from the same model laptop but a different revision, so it fit perfectly.

If you are not sure something will fit though, I wouldn't bother wasting your money and possibly your laptop trying :) 
!