Solution
Any of the Swiftech kits over the XSPC kit if budget allows. The Edge kits use the MCP35x (DDC) pump and the Ultima kit uses the MCP655 (D5) pump. Both pumps are highly recommended by most of the watercooling community.

I do know that there have been some people that have expressed some difficulty with bleeding the Edge kits with the integrated pumps and the radiator mounted horizontally, such as in the roof of a case. If you do not get the rad filled enough, there might be enough air space that the pump starts to suck air. This isn't really an issue when mounted vertically with the pump at the bottom. Either way, once it's running, it's reported to be a great setup. Some have mentioned it does vibrate a bit if you don't get...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Any of the Swiftech kits over the XSPC kit if budget allows. The Edge kits use the MCP35x (DDC) pump and the Ultima kit uses the MCP655 (D5) pump. Both pumps are highly recommended by most of the watercooling community.

I do know that there have been some people that have expressed some difficulty with bleeding the Edge kits with the integrated pumps and the radiator mounted horizontally, such as in the roof of a case. If you do not get the rad filled enough, there might be enough air space that the pump starts to suck air. This isn't really an issue when mounted vertically with the pump at the bottom. Either way, once it's running, it's reported to be a great setup. Some have mentioned it does vibrate a bit if you don't get the mounting really secured.

Both pumps should be almost silent, about as audible as a HDD in-use when completely bled and running.

Solution

Thanks! The ultima kit is on sale, so I am going to go with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.