Why has Sapphire been so quiet about the HD5870 Vapor X?

purplefire

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
They seem to be unusually silent about the card, extremely little advertising, not really talking about it, no mention of it on their site, no release date. What do you think their strategy is? Or perhaps there's an issue that they don't want to admit?

If they don't make mention of it within the next week, i'm unsure if i can continue to remain this patient. I'm extremely excited about the 5870, and this waiting is agony, i might just have to go with XFX.

Would you make much noise about the cards that costs you more to build, if even the base model of your card is selling-out with little advertising?

Supposedly they are officially launching in November, so expect something more then.

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Usually, non-reference cards appear after most of the reference card stock has been sold. Since the continuous demand for ATI cards has been so great non-reference cards don't have to come yet. XFX is a great company due to their warranty and customer support so I don't see a problem buying from them :)

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Come on, this is getting ridiculous. Second time today you beat me to it :D

Yeah, I have a time machine, I see your future answer and then just insert mine right before yours (a minute and 22 seconds not to draw attention). :kaola:

Don't worry I'm going to be offline for a bit so I won't copy you for now. :hello:

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

I don't refresh so much :kaola: . And this time we answered a bit differently :lol:

purplefire

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

Yeah i guess that's a good point, i should have thought it through more before asking, thanks.

I would actually caution against the XFX because of a build quality issue and poor customer service experience of a forum member, if you check Rage3D you might find the experience, I'll let him post it here if he so wishes, but I'll leave that to him.

leon2006

Distinguished
I have used Damond several times and so far the cards are great(Very Reliable). My XOC4890 core is OC to 1GHZ and no issues to date. No voltage MOD required.

The warranty is mediocre for sure. No question about it.