Asus p5b-plus memory setup

Hello,I have 2 2g memory sticks and 2 1g memory sticks and not sure of the best way to install them to get the best performance
5 answers Last reply
More about asus plus memory setup
  1. You want equal amounts of ram in each channel. So, check in your MB manual to see which slots are channel 1 and which are channel 2, and then put 2GB+1GB in each channel. Are they the same rated speed/timing/voltage?
  2. I have the memory sticks in the right channels but windows 7 shows that there is 6 GB there but only showing 4.9 usable. Why?
  3. I don't know the quirks of 775, but from our Gigabyte motherboard sticky:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/272698-30-gigabyte-guide-read-first

If you have a socket 775 board, and are trying to use more than two DIMMs, you will need to 'bump' the MCH voltage by a tenth, or a tenth-and-a-half, to accommodate them. Realize that, if you are doing this, and running memory faster than 800, which is already 'overvolted' (likely, 2.1V instead of 1.8V JEDEC), you are both over-volting and over-clocking your MCH - stability may require MCH cooling:

Can't hurt to try I suppose.
  4. Try typing 'msconfig' in the search box. From there, go into the 'advanced' tab and UNCHECK the 'Max Memory' box.
  5. Thanks for help I got more memory output
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Memory Motherboards