GMC R-4 Bulldozer Case Would like some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Well i really like the look of this case.

http://www.xoxide.com/auzentech-gmc-bulldozer-case.html

The buttons are situated nicely for me ( the current case i have is facing backwards cus i cant reach the power button/DvD bay because its so much higher on my desk ( Im also using a recliner for my Chair so that doesnt help either X) )) so i like the lower hanging Bay for easy use, as with the power button.

I have been searching for a while and can only find very, very few reviews on it it seems. any time i search google i dont find reviews i just find places to buy it. So im hoping you guys could tell me whats what with this case. The few reviews i did find seem favorable but they arent from any sites i have ever heard of before.

Solution
This case is quite frankly the least functional case I have seen for about $100.
- It only allows the installation of 1 5.25" bay (for the optical drive on the front).
- Has only 2 hard drive bays.
- Poor cooling.
- Small interior space.
- Room inside is very small, so working with it will difficult to work with. No CPU retention hole so any heatsink requiring backplate will need to be installed before the motherboard is sat on the case.
No dust filter on the 80mm intake fan on the side panel.

I would highly recommend you look for another case.

ulysses35

Distinguished
Wow.... the ugliest PC case I have ever seen. What do people who design these things take before hand ??

At the end of the day everyone has their preferences - if you like it and can accept the way it looks in your room / lounge then go ahead.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Sorry, im not the type to like the FOTM Cases, i like things that are different. And i do indeed like the design. But i was hoping someone who bought it might give their thoughts on it lol.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
This case is quite frankly the least functional case I have seen for about $100.
- It only allows the installation of 1 5.25" bay (for the optical drive on the front).
- Has only 2 hard drive bays.
- Poor cooling.
- Small interior space.
- Room inside is very small, so working with it will difficult to work with. No CPU retention hole so any heatsink requiring backplate will need to be installed before the motherboard is sat on the case.
No dust filter on the 80mm intake fan on the side panel.

I would highly recommend you look for another case.

Solution

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Alright thanks, i dont have much experience with cases so i wanted some good input.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Sure thing, do you need any help finding a case?

Just fill in this if you do need help.

Hardware specs (what components are u using mostly GPU, hard drives, and optical drives as any case I recommend for $100 will have enough room for just about any cooler.) As well as any future additions to the system such as coolers, multiple GPUs, are you going to be doing heavy overclocks, etc.

Aesthetics. Give me a description of the case your looking for in regards to looks. Please understand case manufacturers cannot build a niche case (something really unique) because the market will lower, so don't ask me to find a case with airplane wings or something. Be sure to include size, color, glossy or matte paint, and anything else looks related.

Budget. Pretty self explanatory, how much are you looking to spend.

What country? I am guessing USA because of the website you posted.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Well i just bought this mobo. Means CPU/Ram dont really matter for the case i wont post them.

Mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131402

I will be getting an ATI HD 5770 or GTX 260.

This was a case i was looking at possibly getting but the price is pretty up there and its a full tower case which i dont really need but i love the dragon on this thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119212

Also will be upgrading to this in a month or two http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152181 for a HDD.

I will probably Crossfire in the future when the 5770 drops in price if i go with that. Or maybe SLI, really dont care if i have one GPU or two.

Really i just want a case that is rather unique. still looks good, is preferably as cheap as can be preferably at about the 100 dollar range but i may make exceptions.

ANd yes i am in the USA and ill use any site but do like newegg.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Know of any other cases with a neat graphic on the side like that? i cant seem to find any through google. Dunno if im looking for the right things lol.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Cases with drawings pre applied before leaving the factory are not going to be found very easily at all. Most of those cases are niche cases, which means there's a small market for them, which means manufacturers are not going to be rushing to make them.
One of the best ways to look for them are to include AMD or Nvidia edition, which most of the times comes with some sort of design.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

oh man i wish i had the money to get the compucoat on that site. but 300 bucks.....lol id rather spend it on a nice GPU!! :p

jimbo2e371

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
With reference to the GMC Bulldozer R-4 Case... I picked one up at Fry's (in Dallas) in May of this year and used it for my son's computer. I was smitten with the appearance, and had read some conflicting reviews. I got the "off-the-shelf" unit for $34 (in Orange).

Mobo MSI 880G-E35 with AMD Athlon X3 455 and 8GB of Ram
Samsung 1TB harddrive
Radeon 4700 Series video card.

The machine runs consistently at 27C with a stock cooler. No overhead issues. My original DVD player would not work in the case, so I swapped it with another and no problems. We like the placement of the Headphone / Mic Jacks up front.

Only knock on it? The alternating Red / Green lights on the side panel that represent the fan speed.

I'd buy more of them, but they have gotten to be hard to find / expensive.

M_Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.