Is it important to overclock my motherboard (P6X58D Premium) & how ??

Solution
Cudos for vvhocare5!

As someone who jumped in to the deep end of overclocking by doing a first build and thinking "What the heck, it can't be that hard!" I ended up spending hours and hours sifting through the OC forums looking for clues as to what I needed to do to safely OC my CPU (not my MOBO). Now some 3 months later you see an older and more cautious OC'er with a keener understanding of the environment.

If you have some time go here

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20081220191040237&board_id=1&model=P6T+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

and read this guide on Overclocking, it's full of good info. You can also Google 'Overclocking Guide for (your MOBO model # here)' and discover a wealth of info specific to your MOBO...

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
+1 for Proximon

You need to read a lot more. Asking us to overclock your system for you is a sure way for you to fail. Remember, you are purposely running parts "Out of Spec". You must be prepared for countless hours trying to find one little spot where EVERYTHING works. No two systems do exactly the same thing...

So go read and move slowly.

carolinacorky

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Cudos for vvhocare5!

As someone who jumped in to the deep end of overclocking by doing a first build and thinking "What the heck, it can't be that hard!" I ended up spending hours and hours sifting through the OC forums looking for clues as to what I needed to do to safely OC my CPU (not my MOBO). Now some 3 months later you see an older and more cautious OC'er with a keener understanding of the environment.

If you have some time go here

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20081220191040237&board_id=1&model=P6T+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

and read this guide on Overclocking, it's full of good info. You can also Google 'Overclocking Guide for (your MOBO model # here)' and discover a wealth of info specific to your MOBO. Often you will find really good info that will save you from the dreaded 'Blue Screen Of Death' (aka BSOD).

Good Luck.

Solution