ASUS or MSI? which is better?

Solution

If the boards you selected cost the same, then go for the ASUS.

By the way, have you already bought the CPU and the GPU? The 9500GT will be bottleneck for your system if you really want to play games specially on high resolution. If your monitor resolution is 1366x768 or below then the 9500GT might do it but then your Phenom II X4 will be an overkill.

play_chess23

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

CPU: Anthlon Phenomenon II X4
RAM: 4gig
GPU: 9500GT

mainly for gaming ang CAD application

randomkid

Distinguished

If the boards you selected cost the same, then go for the ASUS.

By the way, have you already bought the CPU and the GPU? The 9500GT will be bottleneck for your system if you really want to play games specially on high resolution. If your monitor resolution is 1366x768 or below then the 9500GT might do it but then your Phenom II X4 will be an overkill.

Solution
I wouldn't go for either of those. As mentioned above, with an AMD chip, you're better off going with a socket AM3 board. Anything else and you'll be stuck on DDR2 memory, which is the old outgoing technology.

Also, that video card is a real piecea poo, and is going to be the weak link in your system by far. Upgrade it to something decent as soon as possible if you want to do any serious gaming; the 4850 is probably about where you should be looking to start.

play_chess23

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

How about this one...

Instead with the MSI 785GTM-E45 lets change it to MSI 785GT-E63 pair with the same ASUS mobo stated above?

Which one then is better the MSI or the ASUS board

randomkid

Distinguished

randomkid

Distinguished

You are welcome play_chess23.

But why Random Kill? :eek:

I wonder how I got from being a 'kid' to a 'kill'...
Another OP even called me 'god'... he he he...
But rest assured, I am neither a 'god' nor a 'kill'...
Just a random kid... ;)