Its not working,,,

camplo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Yeah I'm somewhat of a noob...so what. I do understand that my motherboard should be able to run 5200mbs (2600mhz) HT but when I set it to that in the bios, windows can't load. I also understand that I bought patriot sector 5 2000mhz ddr3 ram withh 9-11-9-27 timings in hopes of being able to over clock the ram to 5-5-5-? 1300....but I can't do that. Before I just let the motherboard over clock my *** and forget about it....anything that I could learn to better my situation. I dont know what to program the 4 number in the 5-5-5 set up but I'm sure if I knew hwat I was doing this ram could do it... I think. And wtf with the hyperthreading? The mother board is spec'd for it and my cpu is a phenom II 870.... should be fine.

camplo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
I have a Asus m4a88t-m. I still can't get the HT to 2600. I have ddr3 Patriot sector 5 ram ( 2000MHz with 9-11-9-27) I would like to get them to be more like 2000 8-8-8 or 1440 5-5-5..something like that. Right now they are set to 1800 8-8-8-24. I can't increase the memory speed without increasing the cpu? What gives. its the front side bus I'm messing with right? I've tried increasing the setting "chipset voltage" that didn't change anything that I noticed it did hang after a bit. Cpu is running at like 3.94....I'm lost. I've adjusted the ram voltage? the ram voltage is at 1.8.....auto tune set it to that. Ht is set on auto reads as 2000mhz and if i set it to 2600 it wont take. Oh yeah my cpu is a 970 not 870...

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
HMMMM..... as far as the RAM is concerned 1800MHz is pretty good and at 2000MHz the differences would be very minimal probably wouldn't notice at all. 1.8v on your RAM sounds about right. yes adjusting your FSB will increase your RAM frequencies as well at your HT and CPU frequency. It is very possible that your motherboard and CPU will not support RAM above 1800MHz. I know that on my motherboard M4A79X-UTD EVO the max supported RAM frequency was 1600MHz, even if I have RAM rated for high speeds.

Does your motherboard have a setting for Load Line Calibration (LLC)? this with adjust for VDroop when overclocking your system.

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

LLC will help prevent what is commonly called VDroop, basically as your power supply gives power to your components the voltage has a tendency to drop below what you set it as in the BIOS. Normally this is not a big deal, but when you Overclock your system it is recommended that you set LLC to very high or ultra depending on how extreme your Overclock is. This will help prevent your system from dropping voltage and a lot of times can help stabilize your OC.

You should google LLC and get a more technical definition

camplo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
My mb is rated to be able to overclock to ddr3 2000 and 5200 m/t. I can load windows at 4.02ghz and below but during gaming usually lock up after an hour or so. That is with LLC set to auto. How can I turn up my fsb without rasing my Cpu speed or turn up raise CPU speed without turning up the ram speed. Right now I seem to be stable at 3.879 and the ram is like 1782 8-8-8-21. For some reason I think I should be able to get speeds. When I raise my fsb does that raise the speed of my GPU as well? I have a 140mm on a direct touch heatsink and I have a 120 in the case that I could mount to the other side of the case that can do like 2600rpm or so,.... so I cool it at 4ghz....but how do i get it stable? I think I need to update my bios for more options. All I have currently is jumper free settings.

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Raising your FSB will not change anything on your GPU. If you can adjust your LLC set it to High or very high (whatever your option is). You should be able to manually change your multiplier to a smaller number to keep your CPU the same spped and vice versa with ram and HT. Just remember not all chips are created equal sometimes once you hit a particular GHz thats about all that will be possible.