Pay Per View Question

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
July 19, 2005 3:52:09 PM

My DirecTivo has been recording ppv movies, without being programmed to
do so. If I erase them without watching them, I don't get charged, but
if I accidently watch one of the recordings, I do get charged. I live
alone, so no one else is requesting these movies to be recorded. Does
anyone know how I can stop the recordings from happening? Thanks.

More about : pay view question

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 10:54:58 PM

"Roger" <roalca@webtv.net> wrote in message news:6286-42DD2FB9-797@storefull-3255.bay.webtv.net...
> My DirecTivo has been recording ppv movies, without being programmed to
> do so. If I erase them without watching them, I don't get charged, but
> if I accidently watch one of the recordings, I do get charged. I live
> alone, so no one else is requesting these movies to be recorded. Does
> anyone know how I can stop the recordings from happening? Thanks.

Customize the "Channels You Receive" list and "unselect" all PPV channels.

Click the Check marked icon for each PPV channel and the Premium channels
you don't receive.
July 20, 2005 12:48:20 AM

* Roger Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

> My DirecTivo has been recording ppv movies, without being
> programmed to do so. If I erase them without watching them, I
> don't get charged, but if I accidently watch one of the
> recordings, I do get charged. I live alone, so no one else is
> requesting these movies to be recorded. Does anyone know how I can
> stop the recordings from happening? Thanks.

Unless you authorize them, the recordings are BLANK. You have not been
charged. This is a bug in the suggestion engine if you ask me.

--
David
!