Sign in with
Your question

Liquid cpu cooler, thermal paste?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 31, 2012 1:41:28 AM

I am 100% sure i need to use thermal paste while im installing corsair h60 to my i7, but can someone confirm it?

and usually what is a good thermal paste? if people have time please direct a link, I go to this store in a few days.

Thank you.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2012 2:25:10 AM

+1^
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2012 4:09:38 PM

I use Artic Silver, AS 5. MX-4 is great to. I don't know about IC diamond but they seem to do work if dude ^ there says so
m
l
a c 77 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2012 4:13:32 PM

that what you could see with ic diamond (it took the print off the CPU like sandpaper. ) i am using arctic cooling mx4
m
l
February 1, 2012 4:35:24 PM

Well, it is full of crushed diamond so it kind of IS like sandpaper. Hard to tell what you meant though, because the beginning of your post made no sense...
m
l
February 1, 2012 5:59:30 PM

I'm not sure I understand. The thread was talking about how good it is. One person whined about it taking print off CPU(so?????), one person claimed it was hard to spread. I did alot of research on this stuff. Naturally some bad results, but mostly good. That's why I chose it. I'm not going to base my decision off of one thread.

BTW, MX-4 was my next choice.
m
l
a c 77 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 1, 2012 6:12:24 PM

that when you clean it of you wont be able to read the print on the cpu so could be hard if you need rma,but it is a good cooling paste
m
l
February 1, 2012 6:13:25 PM

Ahhhhhh. Now I get it. Yeah, that could be a pain.
m
l
a c 227 à CPUs
a c 105 K Overclocking
February 1, 2012 8:43:12 PM

I actually use IC Diamond myself but I really don't recommend it to anyone who does not know what they are doing just because of what was stated above. It acts as a polishing compound and will actually lap your CPU. Thats great is it's what you are trying to do but it also can be really bad because it voids the warranty. I use it on my CPU and video card both. Great stuff.
m
l
!