Recording Card

drums101

Distinguished
Ok so I want to know if there is another alternative then fraps for capturing gaming on video....I dont mean another program i am thinking more along the lines of a add in card that can capture the video with little to no decrease in performance....Its kinda a pain in the ass recording online play at much lower fps then normal.....I want to record myself playing but i dont want to have to deal with the lower fps.....Would something like a tv capture card work....I know console players just record themselves with something like a DVR..Is there a similar way to do this on a pc??? thanks

Solution
yeah, recording at a lower resolution would help alot. many programs allow you to record at one definition while playing at another. i dont know if fraps does. but simply recording at 720p would probably help alot.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
only if you get a capture card with a dedicated processor. and that will cost alot.

think about it, something HAS to do the processing. you cant capture video into a box, it needs to be encoded and compressed in realtime.

with a core i7, im surprised you have problems recording in the background though. my P2 records videos while playing MW2, and i still remain very smooth and playable.

drums101

Distinguished

i have fps drop because im spoiled and have to record at 1200p lol....guess i should jus drop the res a lil bit and jus live with it :(

welshmousepk

Distinguished
yeah, recording at a lower resolution would help alot. many programs allow you to record at one definition while playing at another. i dont know if fraps does. but simply recording at 720p would probably help alot.

Solution