DIAMOND AIWHD3650 Radeon HD 3650 512MB???

RailGun88

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Hi, I'm new. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a DIAMOND AIWHD3650 Radeon HD 3650 512MB vide card. I read alot of reviews but I can't decide. I'm an avid gamer and the most demanding game I'm gonna play is Need For Speed Shift. My rig has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+(3.0ghz), 4gb(4x1gb) mushkin 800mhz ram, and a Seagate 250GB 7200rpm hdd. Sorry if this is alot, I'm just trying to get a good video card.
P.S. I like the fact it has a built in tv tuner.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would not recommend the card. For the same price, you can get either a 9800GT or HD4850. If you really want a TV Tuner card, get a separate one. That way you can keep the TV Tuner Card and still upgrade the Graphics card later if need be.

For the record, I'm still paying for having bought the ATI X1800XL All-In-Wonder card.

-Wolf sends

RailGun88

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

Thank you. Just one more question though. Should I get the Radeon or Nvidia, and if so what brand?
I've been waiting to upgrade and I've been indecisive about it, and I'm looking to spend anywhere from 80 to 110. Thanks again. :D

EDIT: same interface dont care if it intrudes into the adjacent slot and preferably it can handle a decent load without heat problems.

EDIT2: Found a PNY 9800GT EE and all I saw was fan speed was slow which I could adjust, and 2 reviews said they just got a dud. Is it worth it???

RailGun88

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

I'm lookiing to upgrade the mobo in the near future. I don't want to get rid of my processor, but I want to be able to upgrade to phenom x3. Preferably 2 pci x16 slots. Looking at a more demanding future for my rig after high school is out. My plans are to be using it for autocad, photoshop, and digital media. Would like to just get another sapphire 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB to add on. Already found a thermaltake psu at 500w. Sorry for constantly asking more questions.

Wolfshadw

Titan
As far as power supply brands, I recommend (in no particular order) Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, and FSP (Fortran Source).

Concerning SLI/Crossfire, IMO, it's a gimmick. Unless you're ready to purchase two top of the line graphic cards immediately it's not worth it. In many cases that I've read about here on Tom's, by the time someone gets around to purchasing their second card to SLI/Crossfire, a better single card solution has been released.

Concerning the motherboard upgrade: If you're going to upgrade the motherboard, upgrade the CPU at the same time. There's no point in upgrading one now, only to have to upgrade both later on. If you can't afford both now, wait until you can.

-Wolf sends