AMD Quad Core A6-3400M vs Intel Core i3-2330M

Hello,
I'll be buying a new laptop tomorrow, or the next day (wednesday febuary 1st). I'm stuck between two laptops, with the above processors.

With the laptop i'll need fast speeds and a CPU that can handle programs like Virtual DJ, a program that needs fast CPU and has a lot of things going on within it.

I might occassionally drop by on a game, once a week, however they will be browser based games. Although I do tend to play age of empires 2 quite a bit when bored.

overall i don't know what to choose, one laptop is 40-50 dollars cheaper, and that could buy quite a bit of sushi lunches :D
1 answer Last reply
More about quad core 3400m intel core 2330m
  1. Although Virtual DJ is demanding in CPU power, both CPU should be able to handle it very well. The A6 might be a tad faster because it is quad core and virtual dj support multiple cores but this is negligeable, just as the i3-2330m would be negligeably faster in day to day Microsoft Office.

You won't have any problems playing web based games with both processors. Age of Empires 2 is playable with both cpu's although the a6 would offer more frames per second in a once again negligeable manner considering that AOE2 is old.

Other components would make the difference. If there are no difference, choose the cheapest.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Laptops Quad Core Overclocking