windowssystemconfigsystem

I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about windowssystemconfigsystem

    If you can use a friends computer and attach your hard drive as slave
    and get to your C:\Windows\System
    32\Config Folder. Delete System, Default, Security, Software and Sam.
    Then go to C:\Windows\Repair
    folder and copy those five files and paste back into the Config folder.
    This works frequently but not always.
    "izzyy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
    > have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?

    Greetings --

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

    How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "izzyy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
    > have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?

    Try this - pretty good fix - but a lot of work.

    http://tinyurl.com/wf9d

    --
    pasig

    izzyy wrote:
    > *I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
    > have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem? *

    Insert the setup cd

    go into repair more

    select the windows directory (usually 1)

    chdsk /r

    Worked perfectly without all the typing an copying of the other fix.

    --
    pasig

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP