windowssystemconfigsystem

August 21, 2004 2:00:11 PM

I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:28:36 PM

If you can use a friends computer and attach your hard drive as slave
and get to your C:\Windows\System
32\Config Folder. Delete System, Default, Security, Software and Sam.
Then go to C:\Windows\Repair
folder and copy those five files and paste back into the Config folder.
This works frequently but not always.
"izzyy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
> have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 12:48:17 PM

Greetings --

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"izzyy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
> have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem?
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 5:54:16 AM

izzyy wrote:
> *I'm missing windows\system\config\system, but I do not
> have a start up disk. How can I fix this problem? *

Insert the setup cd

go into repair more

select the windows directory (usually 1)

chdsk /r

Worked perfectly without all the typing an copying of the other fix.

--
pasig