Newb for watercooling a XEON on LGA 2011

sebastien

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
hello guys,

does anyone know if water cooling manufacturers are working on or are already shipping solution for upcoming Xeon e5-1600 series?

I am a complete noob at water cooling. I was tending to get a corsair H series but in all honesty I cannot bare hearing fans anymore. My actual set up sounds like a vacuum, I work as a 3D modeler/animator and this is not acceptable!!!

What water cooling "KIT" is the safest, most widely integrated in systems and also safest and best water solution please?

Thanks a lot in advance for sharing links and advices,

seb

You might want to consider getting either a modular kit like the XSPC RASA or the Swiftech Edge (or Ultima) so that you can also get the graphics card on water cooling, as GPUs tend to get pretty loud under load.

The mounting equipment is usually pretty universal, they have various adapters and such. Although you'll want to verify they have a socket 2011 compatibility before purchasing.

http://www.pc-water-cooling.com/en-us/dept_3.html

Waterblocks are out there for the socket, although I think that may be an older Xeon listed
Universals may be an option,
read through the stickies here and learn a little more, just so you understand when we start spouting about barb sizes/delta temps etcetera :)
and remember, just because you are watercooling it doesn't mean bye bye fans, you will probably have more than ever, but at a lower speed, aka less noise,
Nine 120's on my build atm, I'll need another eight soon when I add my gfx cards into the loop
Moto

In that case your best bet for a low-noise solution would just be to get a cooler and stick lower-noise fans (sub 20dBA) on it. You'll still get proper cooling, but it'll be quieter.

Xigmatek makes some low noise fans that are below 20 dBA but still push 50-60 CFM (cubic ft per minute), which is pretty darn good for a silent fan.

Just for reference:
SoundScale.png

sebastien

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Thanks a lot for the insights guys.
Really helpful!!!!!
Any idea what PSU is best or most silent @ 700 watts minimum please?
I have a Tough power, I think it is thermaltake , it is a good PSU but I just discovered it is one of the main reason why my PC sounds like vacuum.

You've got a lot of choices in the ~750-850W range. Several good Corsairs, XFXs, Seasonics, Antecs, and some Cooler Master Gold Series (GS) PSUs. PC Power and Cooling makes a 750W Silencer that's usually pretty cheap but it's built by Seasonic.