P7P55D-E does not post.

mzhang

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
This is my first time putting together a computer. When I turn the computer on, the DRAM-LED light turns on and stays on. I have Crucial BL2KIT25664BN1608 Ram, which should be compatible with the board and I already RMA'd that once. Is there something else that could be wrong? Should I RMA the board and or the ram again?

Thanks

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Toms's hardware forum.

You need read the FAQ in the main section of this forum.

P.D. Could be a short with the case and the mobo. Also, test all you RAM and re-intall it again.

mariod505

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I'm having exactly the same issue with my Asus P6X58D. Won't post and keeps rebooting after only a few seconds. I've read that you should try to push and hold down the button next to the DRAM_LED light to reboot and it will test other memory configurations. You could also try the CMOS clear button on the external panel (at least on the P6X58D). Let me know if you find any other solution.

mzhang

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I tried clearing the CMOS - no luck. I tried each stick of ram individually in different slots and still no boot. I checked and all the standoffs were in the right position. Unfortunately, I don't have another computer to test the ram in :(

mzhang

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I just disassembled everything and then screwed my motherboard back in and reconnected everything and it booted. I guess I was shorting the mobo somewhere. Thanks everyone.