Question on a Fan.

freeman_saf

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
I have a Raidmax Smilodon and I'm replacing the side 80mm case fans. I'm looking for a strong but quiet replacement. This looks like a decent fan: Nexus PWM Series SP802512H-03PWM 80mm Case Fan. Anyone have anything to say about this fan? Any suggestions on a stronger/quieter fan?

What is the average and recommended CFM for 80mm fans? I really have no idea how to go about choosing a replacement. I'd rather have a fan as loud as mine are now if it means keeping things cool. I've read some recommendations on various sites but it would be nice to know what these recommendations are based off of.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
no experience with those but I use these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835707001&cm_re=sharkoon-_-35-707-001-_-Product

sharkoon is famous for the golfball texture on the wings. I've got the 120mm 2000 rpm version and at full rev its very quiet for compared to other fans at same size and rpm, and the noise it makes is deep and strong, not annoying in anyway. O yeah, moves a pretty good amount of air.

I've also got the 80mm version, 2000rpm, and its also very good. same story.

they are slightly expensive but definetely worth it, also considering the fact that these are not your typical fans you throw away after using them for one build. you keep them, they stay good.

also dont collect a lot of dust on the wings, they are suprisingly clean: probably because of the golfball texture on the wings.

anyways hope thats helpful.

otherwise a cheaper option is papst. a friend of mine is quite pleased with them, but he adviced me to get the sharkoon fans. (lol he could not afford)