Low noise 7970 and cpu

So I own 2 rads, I want to install them in my HAF 932 to watercool a 7970 and a cpu 125w.

But hopefuly in future it also is able to cool 2x 7970 + cpu and fans only running 500-800rpm.

The one I currently have is 240: 276 x 123 x 47mm

I also own a 360 rad 396 x 120 x 45 mm

My goal is silen operation so 500-800rpm gentle typhoon or slip stream as they have nice low noise.

My current rig looks like this:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii50/blundnec/th_IMG545.jpg
15 answers Last reply
More about noise 7970
  1. If you want to start WCing, get a WC case. Even a Fractal Arc can support a full size 240. If you want to go extreme, Cosmos 2 or the M8 from Caselabs will do fine.

That 240 rad could cool a CPU with moderate OC because IMO, anything under 50mm isn't worth it against a NH-D14. The 360 could cool the 7970 but with low OC.
  2. e56imfg said:
    If you want to start WCing, get a WC case. Even a Fractal Arc can support a full size 240. If you want to go extreme, Cosmos 2 or the M8 from Caselabs will do fine.

That 240 rad could cool a CPU with moderate OC because IMO, anything under 50mm isn't worth it against a NH-D14. The 360 could cool the 7970 but with low OC.

Well as the picture suggest I already started watercooling ;)

the Haf 932 also supports 360 in top, Ive yet to decide which one I have externally.

I'm considering either having rear rad or modify the front of 932 and put the 2nd rad there.
  3. The new NZXT 810 supports triples on top, too and IMO it is better built than the 932. Put a second RAD in the front. You need an exhaust somewhere.
  4. Using both those Rads at that fan speed, you should be able to Cool both GPU's and the CPU , but overclocking would probably require more fan speed depending on what Delta you were aiming for
  5. If you want to start WCing, get a WC case. Even a Fractal Arc can support a full size 240. If you want to go extreme, Cosmos 2 or the M8 from Caselabs will do fine.

932 is good enough for any extreme watercooling :p .i heard people doing 1Ghz+ on stock cooler of HIS HD7970.a 360 rad will definitely do more than 'low OC' :wahoo:
  6. e56imfg said:

That 240 rad could cool a CPU with moderate OC because IMO. The 360 could cool the 7970 but with low OC.

no offence but i can't stop laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. hellfire24 said:
    no offence but i can't stop laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I meant by low OC is just a few hundred mhz and some moderate volt adjustments. You really didn't need to say this.
  8. soorrryyyyyy!
  9. I'm not sure I even follow what this thread is actually discussing...
  10. @rubix,OP is trying to watercool his 932.he is asking about right components and some help.i think you are the 'best watercooler' on toms.
  11. The rads he has will be fine- I don't know that TDP has been released for those cards yet, though. Either way, I don't see there being much of an issue, here other than people tossing around new cases to buy.

Any case can be a watercooling case with the right tools, patience and good planning.
  12. Might I ask out of these two cases would be easier to watercool Rubix? I asked in a diff thread and got no response, storm trooper or the 600t white be nicer to setup water-cooling in? I know you stated above that any case cam do it, but between these two specifically is the storm trooper a larger tower? One last thing, I'm torn between the Swiftech h20 220 $350 kit or get by using a H100 until I get a 2nd 7970 card?
  13. both cases are capable of watercooling.but remember nothing is 'ready to fit'.modding is needed.H20 220 is a better choice cause it's like a full loop.whereas H100 is a closed loop.both are good.
  14. Thanks for the quick reply. I did notice storm trooper is classified as a full tower whereas the 600t is a midtower. Or is it a large midtower (basically full)?
  15. no i think 600T is mid 'wide' tower.it has enough room to support modern setups.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Typhoon CPUs Overclocking