Gamer / Enthusiast AMD gaming build

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 10-20, 2009 to 10-30, 2009 BUDGET RANGE: $1,000.00 to $1,500.00

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would like to use an AMD CPU & ATI GPU card with a 24" LCD ( brand samsung )

OVERCLOCKING: No CROSSFIRE: for now no / yes in the near future

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200 ( for gaming build I think this resolution is the sweet spot )


Gamer / Enthusiast AMD gaming build

AMD Phenom II X4 955 $189.00 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 $36.61 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003

MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 790FX $163.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223

this is the review that i have read in the newegg site: ( i think ddr3 1333 is the best choice )

Cons: the only con i have is that when i was reading what ram to buy it said ddr3 1600 was supported... well it is... only when you buy ddr3 1333 and oc to 1600 as the manual states. i had to RMA my mushkin ram and pick up the 1333.

Momery?
( please help me choose what is best for this build )
mushkin XP 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/memory-scaling-i7,2325-11.html

HIS HD 5850 1GB 256-bit $259.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161302

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB $94.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284

or this one SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB $54.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152181

SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R $30.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151187

SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW $189.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163154

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700 $99.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171037

SAMSUNG TOC T240 Rose Black 24" $309.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001275

OS ?
( please help me choose what is best for this build )

any help would be appreciated :)
41 answers Last reply
More about gamer enthusiast gaming build
  1. Would you consider an i5 build? It offers better performance at the same price point as your build. If not I would definitely consider getting a much cheaper case such as the Antec 300.
  2. Ripjaws have been getting rave reviews, however, on the AM3 boards the memory is very close to the cpu, meaning that your xigmatek may block the first two ram slots if the memory has high heatsinks. I'm not sure if the ripjaws would fit under it in the first two slots.

    Your build looks solid, you could save money on the case obviously as jbaker has said.

    The performance difference between the phenom ii x4 and the i5 would be negligible in gaming. And the i5's x8/x8 crossfire/sli is quite a turn off to me at least. Also the future is unsure for the 1156 socket, whereas this is not the case for the AM3 boards. But to each their own.
  3. May I recommend the HAF 922 for a case.

    And a Samsung F3 1TB for the hard drive.

    Your motherboard is sexy. :D
    My 2 cents.
  4. beautiful setup, not so sure about cooler master psu, but reviews look good
  5. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128377&Tpk=GA-MA790FXT-UD5

    how about this motherboard, It does not have as many PCI-e x16 slots but has 3 PCI-e x1 and 2 PCI slots.
  6. jbakerlent said:
    Would you consider an i5 build? It offers better performance at the same price point as your build. If not I would definitely consider getting a much cheaper case such as the Antec 300.



    Here are my reasons for choosing Raven2 gaming case:

    The things I like:-

    1. the motherboard 90 degrees so that the back I/O panel can be accessed from the top of the case. Not only does this change how cables are routed, but it also works better with heat rising from the processor and other components.

    2. Wire management holes are nice

    3. Window side view of the case.

    4. killer looks!

    5. Cooling performance


    The things I don't like:-

    1. Top USB and audio ports.

    2. This case is huge for a ordinary full tower and longer. ( but overall a good case )


    jbakerlent Antec 300, hmmm too common for budget gaming build

    but thanks for the comments :)
  7. UrbanToaster said:
    May I recommend the HAF 922 for a case.

    And a Samsung F3 1TB for the hard drive.

    Your motherboard is sexy. :D
    My 2 cents.



    HAF 922 for a case, don’t like the side window, you can't see the good stuff inside :)

    samsung Hard Drive hmmmm i'l check on this one. but the only brand that i trust, when it comes to hard drive is western digital and seagate.

    but thanks a lot for the comments. :)
  8. xaira said:
    beautiful setup, not so sure about cooler master psu, but reviews look good



    i think your right, i'm also not sure of this PSU but i really like the looks and features. plus cables of this PSU is sleak and too neat. check this reviews:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JF6toNn8Y
  9. ominous prime said:
    Ripjaws have been getting rave reviews, however, on the AM3 boards the memory is very close to the cpu, meaning that your xigmatek may block the first two ram slots if the memory has high heatsinks. I'm not sure if the ripjaws would fit under it in the first two slots.

    Your build looks solid, you could save money on the case obviously as jbaker has said.

    The performance difference between the phenom ii x4 and the i5 would be negligible in gaming. And the i5's x8/x8 crossfire/sli is quite a turn off to me at least. Also the future is unsure for the 1156 socket, whereas this is not the case for the AM3 boards. But to each their own.



    What CPU cooler would you recomend for this set up? the biggest problem i have on this gaming build is what memory should get but i will seatle for (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

    here are some good memory to choose from check the site below:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010170147%201052129233%201052315794%201052430325&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=N82E16820231189%2CN82E16820146868%2CN82E16820231276%2CN82E16820231275%2CN82E16820220431%2CN82E16820231190%2CN82E16820145198%2CN82E16820220286%2CN82E16820146740

    please help me choose which one is better and why..... any help would be much appreciated. :) thanks in advance....

    DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500)
    DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660)
    DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) is this the sweet spot? comments please.....
    DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400)
  10. I would look for 1600 MHz CL 7:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

    The goal is to get high frequency RAM with low latencies, and latencies are more important than speed.
  11. jbakerlent said:
    I would look for 1600 MHz CL 7:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

    The goal is to get high frequency RAM with low latencies, and latencies are more important than speed.



    this is the review that i have read in the newegg site: ( i think ddr3 1333 is the best choice )

    Cons: the only con i have is that when i was reading what ram to buy it said ddr3 1600 was supported... well it is... only when you buy ddr3 1333 and oc to 1600 as the manual states. i had to RMA my mushkin ram and pick up the 1333.
  12. jbakerlent said:



    can you show me a good site that reviews this CPU cooler? :) I think this CPU cooler is good.....

    thanks :)
  13. May I ask why 1333 MHz is best? Don't pay much attention to newegg reviews, your motherboard will support the RAM, don't worry.
  14. Also, check out this case:
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

    And regarding your concern over the Spinpoint drive, it is reliable and much faster than the WD.
  15. jbakerlent said:



    this is a good site for cpu cooler reviews... about the memory i think your right problem solve...... Thanks a lot keep up the good work :)
  16. jbakerlent said:
    Also, check out this case:
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

    And regarding your concern over the Spinpoint drive, it is reliable and much faster than the WD.



    Wow! one of the best gaming case, all black with wide side window plus quality brand and good price.

    hmmmm raven2 or LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 this is really hard..... :) thanks

    raven2 disadvantages:

    1. Price
    2. too big

    advantage
    1. motherboard 90 degrees ( I really lke this new design )
  17. +1 for the Mushkin's jbaker recommended, I'm getting those for a build I'm putting together soon. Going for a very similar setup msi 790fx, phenom ii x4 965, those mushkin's Jbaker recommended, and the k62 I have been dead set on for months lol. It's a really wicked case, the tool-less PCI slots that actually work are what sold me. For the sink, I'm going for the Prolimatech Mega Shadow, mostly for looks, but I intend to try and overclock over 4.0ghz

    Here's a link to the standard Megahalems, and the Megashadow. Both will require fans, as well as the am3 retention mount.

    Megahalems: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8807/cpu-pro-01/Prolimatech_Megahalems_Rev_B_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Hot_Item.html

    Megashadow: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9655/cpu-pro-05/Prolimatech_Mega_Shadow_Megahalem_Nickel_Plated_Black_Edition_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Hot_Item.html
  18. ominous prime said:
    +1 for the Mushkin's jbaker recommended, I'm getting those for a build I'm putting together soon. Going for a very similar setup msi 790fx, phenom ii x4 965, those mushkin's Jbaker recommended, and the k62 I have been dead set on for months lol. It's a really wicked case, the tool-less PCI slots that actually work are what sold me. For the sink, I'm going for the Prolimatech Mega Shadow, mostly for looks, but I intend to try and overclock over 4.0ghz

    Here's a link to the standard Megahalems, and the Megashadow. Both will require fans, as well as the am3 retention mount.

    Megahalems: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8807/cpu-pro-01/Prolimatech_Megahalems_Rev_B_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Hot_Item.html

    Megashadow: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9655/cpu-pro-05/Prolimatech_Mega_Shadow_Megahalem_Nickel_Plated_Black_Edition_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Hot_Item.html



    Ominous Prime can you post your gaming build here, if it is just ok for you. thanks
  19. Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-k 62
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

    HDD Samsung Spinpoint f3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152181

    PSU Corsair's 650watt modular (imo, should be more than adequate to crossfire 5850's down the line for me)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

    Ram Mushkins, same as Jbaker recommended.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

    Mobo/CPU Combo deal msi 790fx-gd70 and phenom ii x4 965 with free canon printer, worth the 10 bucks to step up to 965 and a free printer imo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.270577

    5850 if I can find one in stock, ordering those parts tonight, may have to get the 5850 later, I refuse to pay taxes so I'll have to get it off the egg.

    Some cold cathodes, think it will make the K-62 even sexier
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

    Prolimatech Mega Shadow + Am3 retention adapter
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9655/cpu-pro-05/Prolimatech_Mega_Shadow_Megahalem_Nickel_Plated_Black_Edition_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Pre-Order.html#blank

    Going to push pull with a pair of Scythe S-flex's
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185065

    A 38mm large fan would be more ideal, due to the static pressure; but the Mega Shadow only comes with 2 pairs of 25mm fan brackets. And I can't find a san ace 38mm anywhere, so not really a big deal for me.

    And that's my build in a nutshell, I'm stealing my blu ray drive off my old computer.

    With the 5850 the build comes to be just under 1200 on my last calculations.

    Oh and I currently use a 24" samsung, 1920x1200.
  20. ominous prime said:
    Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-k 62
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

    HDD Samsung Spinpoint f3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152181

    PSU Corsair's 650watt modular (imo, should be more than adequate to crossfire 5850's down the line for me)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

    Ram Mushkins, same as Jbaker recommended.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

    Mobo/CPU Combo deal msi 790fx-gd70 and phenom ii x4 965 with free canon printer, worth the 10 bucks to step up to 965 and a free printer imo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.270577

    5850 if I can find one in stock, ordering those parts tonight, may have to get the 5850 later, I refuse to pay taxes so I'll have to get it off the egg.

    Some cold cathodes, think it will make the K-62 even sexier
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

    Prolimatech Mega Shadow + Am3 retention adapter
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9655/cpu-pro-05/Prolimatech_Mega_Shadow_Megahalem_Nickel_Plated_Black_Edition_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Pre-Order.html#blank

    Going to push pull with a pair of Scythe S-flex's
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185065

    A 38mm large fan would be more ideal, due to the static pressure; but the Mega Shadow only comes with 2 pairs of 25mm fan brackets. And I can't find a san ace 38mm anywhere, so not really a big deal for me.

    And that's my build in a nutshell, I'm stealing my blu ray drive off my old computer.

    With the 5850 the build comes to be just under 1200 on my last calculations.

    Oh and I currently use a 24" samsung, 1920x1200.


    MONITOR? brand and model please ( if your in my place right now what is the best lcd monitor for these gaming build )
  21. It's an older Samsung I know it's a Synchmaster, I'm not entirely sure on the model number anymore. It's actually a 25.5 inch. Bought it a couple years ago for a pretty penny. Don't think they sell it anymore though.

    I think the monitor you chose is a good choice. I've been really happy with my Samsung, and they make quality products.

    5ms response or lower is good for gaming, I've heard 2ms response time to be the holy grail when it comes to gaming, but honestly I can't see the difference.

    I'd definitely stick with 1920x1200 resolution, no matter the monitor of your choosing.
  22. ominous prime said:
    It's an older Samsung I know it's a Synchmaster, I'm not entirely sure on the model number anymore. It's actually a 25.5 inch. Bought it a couple years ago for a pretty penny. Don't think they sell it anymore though.

    I think the monitor you chose is a good choice. I've been really happy with my Samsung, and they make quality products.

    5ms response or lower is good for gaming, I've heard 2ms response time to be the holy grail when it comes to gaming, but honestly I can't see the difference.

    I'd definitely stick with 1920x1200 resolution, no matter the monitor of your choosing.



    What to look for a good gaming LCD:
    -Size: At least 22” to 24” going higher than 30” would be too big for a pc monitor.
    -Resolution: 1680 x 1050 (At least 1680 x 1050 higher is better)
    1920 x 1080,
    1920 x 1200, ( sweet spot )
    2048 x 1152 ( you need a very expensive GPU card to run at very high settings in this resolution )

    -Brightness: 300 cd/m2
    -Contrast Ratio: DC 20000:1 (1000:1) or higher
    -Response Time: 5ms to 2ms (lower is better but your right you won't notice the difference)
    -Connectors: D-Sub, DVI
    (HDMI – optional) depending on your needs.
  23. Oh sorry, I'm blind lol, the model number is on the monitor staring me in the face. It's the Samsung Synchmaster 2693HM

    But I would probably stick with your current pick on the Samsung 24". You won't be disappointed.

    Found it on amazon.

    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SyncMaster-2693HM-25-5-inch-Monitor/dp/B0012TVEOO?tag=wwwfilmvari0e-20
  24. ominous prime said:
    Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-k 62
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239

    HDD Samsung Spinpoint f3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152181

    PSU Corsair's 650watt modular (imo, should be more than adequate to crossfire 5850's down the line for me)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

    Ram Mushkins, same as Jbaker recommended.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146871

    Mobo/CPU Combo deal msi 790fx-gd70 and phenom ii x4 965 with free canon printer, worth the 10 bucks to step up to 965 and a free printer imo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.270577

    5850 if I can find one in stock, ordering those parts tonight, may have to get the 5850 later, I refuse to pay taxes so I'll have to get it off the egg.

    Some cold cathodes, think it will make the K-62 even sexier
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994001

    Prolimatech Mega Shadow + Am3 retention adapter
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9655/cpu-pro-05/Prolimatech_Mega_Shadow_Megahalem_Nickel_Plated_Black_Edition_Intel_CPU_Heatsink_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_Pre-Order.html#blank

    Going to push pull with a pair of Scythe S-flex's
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185065

    A 38mm large fan would be more ideal, due to the static pressure; but the Mega Shadow only comes with 2 pairs of 25mm fan brackets. And I can't find a san ace 38mm anywhere, so not really a big deal for me.

    And that's my build in a nutshell, I'm stealing my blu ray drive off my old computer.

    With the 5850 the build comes to be just under 1200 on my last calculations.

    Oh and I currently use a 24" samsung, 1920x1200.



    your build is better than mine cause:

    Lian Li Lancool PC-k 62 is cheaper in price, plus you get Mobo/CPU Combo deal msi 790fx-gd70 and phenom ii x4 965 with free canon printer, and due to performance issue. I think raven2 is not worht it....

    Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-k 62
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239


    Mobo/CPU Combo deal msi 790fx-gd70 and phenom ii x4 965 with free canon printer, worth the 10 bucks to step up to 965 and a free printer imo
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.270577
  25. The Raven2 is a truly awesome case, but if you don't intend to water cool I don't think it would be a worthwhile purchase, as that seems to be one of the main features of the Raven.

    I struggled for a long while between the Lancool K-62 and the Lian Li PC-60 FWB.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112198

    Eventually decided on the K-62 because of the top exhaust fans, looks as if it would be a better thermal environment than the PC-60. But the aluminum simplicity I find really appealing.

    I also really like the Lian Li PC-P50 the Mid-tower Armor Suit.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112240

    Essentially an aluminum K-62 with a slightly different 3.5inch drive bays, and no side window.

    But are you aiming for a full tower or mid tower case?
  26. ominous prime said:
    The Raven2 is a truly awesome case, but if you don't intend to water cool I don't think it would be a worthwhile purchase, as that seems to be one of the main features of the Raven.

    I struggled for a long while between the Lancool K-62 and the Lian Li PC-60 FWB.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112198

    Eventually decided on the K-62 because of the top exhaust fans, looks as if it would be a better thermal environment than the PC-60. But the aluminum simplicity I find really appealing.

    I also really like the Lian Li PC-P50 the Mid-tower Armor Suit.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112240

    Essentially an aluminum K-62 with a slightly different 3.5inch drive bays, and no side window.

    But are you aiming for a full tower or mid tower case?



    full tower is ok but exception to size of raven2 and antec 1200 this is not a ordinary full tower case. :) mid tower is ok for me

    here are the list of gaming case that i like:

    Midtower case
    Antec Two Hundred $54.95
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129070
    Antec Three Hundred $54.95
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042
    Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel$69.95
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K56W $69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112236
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W $79.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112238
    Xigmatek MIDGARD-W Black $79.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815001
    COOLER MASTER Storm Scout $89.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 $119.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239
    Antec Nine Hundred Two $124.95
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058

    Full Tower case
    Antec Twelve Hundred $169.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043
    SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW $179.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163154

    ( my best pick antec 902, LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 and raven2 )
  27. Well for me, it's going to be the K-62. The choice of case is a very personal decision, just ask yourself what you would like to work in, and which case you find most pleasing to look at every day.

    Another option, Coolermaster's HAF 922 if the military look is your thing.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197
  28. ominous prime said:
    The Raven2 is a truly awesome case, but if you don't intend to water cool I don't think it would be a worthwhile purchase, as that seems to be one of the main features of the Raven.

    I struggled for a long while between the Lancool K-62 and the Lian Li PC-60 FWB.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112198

    Eventually decided on the K-62 because of the top exhaust fans, looks as if it would be a better thermal environment than the PC-60. But the aluminum simplicity I find really appealing.

    I also really like the Lian Li PC-P50 the Mid-tower Armor Suit.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112240

    Essentially an aluminum K-62 with a slightly different 3.5inch drive bays, and no side window.

    But are you aiming for a full tower or mid tower case?



    if Lian Li PC-P50 has a window this is a solid good looking case. :) Lancool K-62 looks good because it is all black plus it has a side window, the only down factor is that the front case cover is plastic. It is not as good looking as PC-P50. if you don't care about the side window and you have the extra money go with PC-P50. just a thougt :)
  29. Well there is this case, the Lian Li PC-P50BW but it isn't available yet :(

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/23676-lian-li-pc-p50bw.html

    It's definitely the case I would get if it was out.
  30. ominous prime said:
    Well for me, it's going to be the K-62. The choice of case is a very personal decision, just ask yourself what you would like to work in, and which case you find most pleasing to look at every day.

    Another option, Coolermaster's HAF 922 if the military look is your thing.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197



    HAF 922 for a case, don’t like the side window, you can't see the good stuff inside
  31. ominous prime said:
    Well there is this case, the Lian Li PC-P50BW but it isn't available yet :(

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/23676-lian-li-pc-p50bw.html

    It's definitely the case I would get if it was out.



    wow this is the case that i'm talking about, #1 case on my list today :) if i were you get this one.
  32. I definitely prefer the side window, hence the Mega Shadow, that will just look amazing inside. Unfortunately I need to go ahead and pull the trigger on this build, and maybe get the Lian Li PC-P50BW once it comes out and drops in price a bit.

    The k-62's downside is of course the steel, certainly it's of good quality, but it's heavy and aluminum cools better. And the plastic bits as well. Brushed aluminum is just so appealing.

    If you have the time to wait, I'd definitely recommend the PC-P50BW. However, the price may be a bit steep for the black paint job and the side window, but we'll have to see.
  33. ominous prime said:
    I definitely prefer the side window, hence the Mega Shadow, that will just look amazing inside. Unfortunately I need to go ahead and pull the trigger on this build, and maybe get the Lian Li PC-P50BW once it comes out and drops in price a bit.

    The k-62's downside is of course the steel, certainly it's of good quality, but it's heavy and aluminum cools better. And the plastic bits as well. Brushed aluminum is just so appealing.

    If you have the time to wait, I'd definitely recommend the PC-P50BW. However, the price may be a bit steep for the black paint job and the side window, but we'll have to see.



    The problem is I already have the Raven 2 case. :) if not no questions ask i'l buy PC-P50WB. even if it is a little bit expensive cause looks and good quality case really matters to me. :)
  34. ominous prime said:
    Oh sorry, I'm blind lol, the model number is on the monitor staring me in the face. It's the Samsung Synchmaster 2693HM

    But I would probably stick with your current pick on the Samsung 24". You won't be disappointed.

    Found it on amazon.

    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SyncMaster-2693HM-25-5-inch-Monitor/dp/B0012TVEOO?tag=wwwfilmvari0e-20



    Hi ominous prime

    Can you help me choose which one is better?


    SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24"
    SAMSUNG TOC T240 Rose Black 24"
    SAMSUNG TOC T260HD

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%2050001077&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=N82E16824001280%2CN82E16824001281%2CN82E16824001275
  35. It really depends on your needs, as they're almost exactly the same. Do you own speakers already, or would you like a monitor with built in speakers? Because if so, the cheapest option would prove to be the best.

    If not, my choice would be between the cheapest and the most expensive. But to me, the extra inch and a half of real estate is worth the price premium.

    However, if I were buying a monitor now, I would buy this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026&cm_re=hanng_g-_-24-254-026-_-Product

    Don't get me wrong, I love my Samsung, but I feel they're slightly overpriced because you're buying the brand.
  36. ominous prime said:
    It really depends on your needs, as they're almost exactly the same. Do you own speakers already, or would you like a monitor with built in speakers? Because if so, the cheapest option would prove to be the best.

    If not, my choice would be between the cheapest and the most expensive. But to me, the extra inch and a half of real estate is worth the price premium.

    However, if I were buying a monitor now, I would buy this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026&cm_re=hanng_g-_-24-254-026-_-Product

    Don't get me wrong, I love my Samsung, but I feel they're slightly overpriced because you're buying the brand.



    Thanks for the fast reply I am almost finish on my gaming build choosing a LCD monitor is harder than i thought but you give me options will see...... and by the way another problem i do have old printers that won't run on win xp64 so maybe it won't run on win 7 also and I'm planning to install two OS win xp32 and win7 ultimate. Any comments on this one? have you tried a dual bot PC?
  37. Are there any updated drivers that you could hunt down on the internet for your printer? I believe support for 64 is better in windows 7 now that it's more "mainstream" but I could be wrong and it may not work.

    I haven't had any experience dual booting, so I can't really help you there. I'm sure there's lot of others who could help you with that though. I'd start a new thread if you need help with dual booting.

    There is xp mode in Windows 7 for certain programs though, I use Win 7 Ultimate 64.
  38. ominous prime said:
    Are there any updated drivers that you could hunt down on the internet for your printer? I believe support for 64 is better in windows 7 now that it's more "mainstream" but I could be wrong and it may not work.

    I haven't had any experience dual booting, so I can't really help you there. I'm sure there's lot of others who could help you with that though. I'd start a new thread if you need help with dual booting.

    There is xp mode in Windows 7 for certain programs though, I use Win 7 Ultimate 64.



    thanks a lot prime :) I already find a solution.....
  39. Anytime man. Glad you got it sorted. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming AMD Systems Product