Sims 2: Open for Business next new EP

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Sims 2 preparing to Open For Business on GameSpot reveals plans for a third
expansion for the Sims discovered on the packaging of an early copy of the
Nightlife expansion. They have confirmed the project's title to be Sims 2:
Open for Business, but it's unclear what sorts of commerce in which the Sims
might engage (perhaps developing game expansions?). Based on the timetable
of the game's first two expansions, they are guestimating this add-on might
show up in May.
5 answers Last reply
More about sims open business

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:32:30 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kingofrmak.com.de>
    wrote:

    >Sims 2 preparing to Open For Business on GameSpot reveals plans for a third
    >expansion for the Sims discovered on the packaging of an early copy of the
    >Nightlife expansion. They have confirmed the project's title to be Sims 2:
    >Open for Business, but it's unclear what sorts of commerce in which the Sims
    >might engage (perhaps developing game expansions?). Based on the timetable
    >of the game's first two expansions, they are guestimating this add-on might
    >show up in May.

    Thanks for keeping us updated, Wesley, I'm too busy playing the game
    LOL. I wonder when Maxis will make any official statement beyond the
    flyer.

    May? Hmm, I don't know... Maxis is releasing every 6 months. Sims 2
    came last september, Uni in march, nightlife in sep... Business should
    come in march again, hopefully.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    One thing i want animals :(

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:02:49 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kingofrmak.com.de>
    wrote:

    >One thing i want animals :(

    I hope Farmlife is the next one...
    --

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:02:49 GMT, "Wesley" <Wesley@kingofrmak.com.de>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>One thing i want animals :(
    >
    > I hope Farmlife is the next one...
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    I got an Idea how about a pet shop for Open for Business.
    You could breed and sell animals.

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:43:33 -0500, "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net>
    wrote:

    >I got an Idea how about a pet shop for Open for Business.
    >You could breed and sell animals.

    Farm themes, barn themes, country kitchens, pets of all kinds,
    including horses, dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, lizards, fish, rabbits,
    cows, pigs, chickens and llamas. And you would be able to have
    multiples, and they wouldn't be "full" characters like sims, but
    sub-characters, with their own, smaller icons, and you could buy
    individual species of fish and bird that might or might not get along
    etc. give each a name, and they would have their own behaviors and
    except for fish, you could take all the other pets out of their cages
    etc. and they might run away if not properly trained, and other sims
    could adopt or return them etc.

    There would also be the growing of foodstuffs, like in Sims 1, the
    usual vegetables and stuff, grapes, and lots of fruit trees and bushes
    as well.

    But I don't think slaughtering really has any place in the game, so I
    like your idea of breeding and selling better, like in Sims 1, except
    for all animals.

    And since it's open for business, it would be a home business, and
    random sims would come to your farm and buy your stuff, and you'd sell
    it in baskets and stuff...
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

Sims Games Video Games