How does DVB-C digital tv work?

Hi there,

Ok, I should begin this by saying I have no experience with digital tv and I really have no idea what I'm doing!
Ultimately my goal is to watch tv on my pc.

I have a subscription to NTL cable tv. On the wall behind me is a small white plastic box with "NTL" on it. A coaxial cable comes out of it, across the room and into my tv.
How do I go about plugging this coaxial cable in my pc to watch tv in Windows 7 Media Center?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about digital work
  1. you need a very specific DTV decoder with a card reader for the card that would normally go into your STB, but I'm afraid I can't remember where I read an article on it. Must've been a number of years ago.
  2. See the thing is I don't have a set-top box. The cable comes straight out of the wall and into my tv.
  3. If I install this PCI card, would I be able to simply plug the cable into it?
  4. If the coax is just running into the tv then this card can be viewed as 'replacing' the tv, so long as you don't have a card reader built into the tv that is,
  5. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. :)

If anyone has tried this and has any tips on doing it right, please add your thoughts.
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Digital TV Coaxial Cable Components