CM 690 II advanced fan set up

grumbledook

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hi, I want to improve the airflow of my 690 ii (http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638). As of now, it's all stock with 140mm intake in front, 140mm exhaust on top and 120mm exchaust in the back. I've also ordered a corsair A70 cpu cooler.
I was thinking of getting some more fans, more specifically 2x 120mm 41,2 CFM in the bottom as intake, and 2x 140mm 42,2 CFM as exhaust on the top (replacing the one there). These are low noise fans, so the 140mm exhaust fan there now does move more air probably... should I keep it instead of having 2 of the same type there?
I want to case to be more quiet, so I'm also going to pick up a fan controller which I will use to control the front 140mm and the cpu cooler fan.

Does this sound like a good plan, or are there better options?

Thanks.

Solution
The best thing is the fan controller. The best configuration is 1front + 1 bottom intake , 1 rear+1(2)top outake. I owned that case and is amazing, i had the case cooling what i presented you and the temp was great. Allways the outake air must be equal or bigger than intake for the best case cooling.
The best thing is the fan controller. The best configuration is 1front + 1 bottom intake , 1 rear+1(2)top outake. I owned that case and is amazing, i had the case cooling what i presented you and the temp was great. Allways the outake air must be equal or bigger than intake for the best case cooling.

Solution

grumbledook

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I guess I will just use one 140mm fan at the bottom then, thanks. I'm quite pleased with the case too, I had a rather bad one before and when I switched to this my cpu temp went down almost 10C and my GPU over 20C

grumbledook

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

The A70 dropped my load temp down from 59 to 39, and then with the bottom fan together with moving the front intake fan to the top brought the temps down to 33-34, I've now added a front intake fan, but not checked if the temps have improved further. Trying to OC it now.
I did get some cables a bit more out of the way when I went down from 39 to 33C, which may have helped.

Since I use AMD, my a70 is blowing air upwards btw.