Gaming AMD Build - Final Check/Rundown.

d4saken1

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Friday of this week through the next two months. Cards will be purchased last.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, OS, Hard Drive, CD/DVD.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com - COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: (no gigabyte)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe - CROSSFIRE: Yes

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just a compatibility/final rundown check.

Case:

Armor Suit Case

Mother Board:

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

Power Supply:

ENERMAX PRO82

Graphics Card:

Radeon HD 5850 (one at first 2nd one after initial build)

RAM:

G Skill - Ripjaw Series - 4GB - DDR3 1600 x2 (4 total)

CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 955

Heatsink:

Noctua NH-U12P

Total Approximate Cost: 1146 (with one card) + Other parts not listed - Roughly 1500 with them.

If I made some incompatible options or mistakes feel free to correct I may have misread or just went full retarded. Please don't overhaul my build. This is just a check on everything not what I should put in vs. what.

Pre thank you for all the help guys.

d4saken1

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Case is 210 roughly. Edit: + S&H which I can get for half normal rate so like... 225 - 230. vs 250 or so.

PSU is 99 dollars after 30 dollar mail in rebate. Edit: Free S&H

That case goes for 230 on newegg, an antec 1200 with a TP-750 blue will run you slightly more but comes with the power supply and a free 1TB HDD after combo right now
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.273738

Get a single kit of ram, toms has done many tests and unless you plan to be doing a lot of work using photoshop or premier then you wont get a performance boost out of more than 4 GB of ram.

If you dont need another hard drive there is an $80 off combo with the i5 750 and the antec 1200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.273737
it brings the i5 easily into the price range which is definitely something to consider.

d4saken1

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I am not changing my processor or case etc.

Also I can get the case through my friends business for cheaper then ebay amazon newegg etc.

I was more looking for error/compatibility checks thanks for the comments everyone.