Nokia firmware upgrade for bmw bluetooth

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 4, 2005 11:18:56 PM

I found a website that says a firmware upgrade has been released for the
nokia 6230 that fixes the problem it had connecting to bmw's bluetooth
system in the car. How can I go about getting a firmware upgrade in the US?
The article says that you have to mail it in to nokia, but doesn't give any
indication as to how. The upgrade is to version 5.24 apparently. I am
currently at 4.43.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:23:09 AM

"dave" <something@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I found a website that says a firmware upgrade has been released for the
> nokia 6230 that fixes the problem it had connecting to bmw's bluetooth
> system in the car. How can I go about getting a firmware upgrade in the
> US?
> The article says that you have to mail it in to nokia, but doesn't give
> any
> indication as to how. The upgrade is to version 5.24 apparently. I am
> currently at 4.43.

This is how i did it:
Find out if nokia thinks its under warranty:

http://www.nokiausa.com/support/warranty/warrantyVerifi...

If it is, good. lets continue.

Print this pdf file:

http://downloads.nokiausa.com/userguides/Melbourne_Repa...

Mail to this address:

Nokia Repair Center
795 W. Nasa Boulevard
Melbourne, FL 32901

I found this out here:
http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repair/warrantyverifica...

begin 666 clearpixel.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $!````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end
March 5, 2005 3:02:03 AM

Danska wrote:
> "dave" <something@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I found a website that says a firmware upgrade has been released for the
>>nokia 6230 that fixes the problem it had connecting to bmw's bluetooth
>>system in the car. How can I go about getting a firmware upgrade in the
>>US?
>>The article says that you have to mail it in to nokia, but doesn't give
>>any
>>indication as to how. The upgrade is to version 5.24 apparently. I am
>>currently at 4.43.
>>

> This is how i did it:
> Find out if nokia thinks its under warranty:
>
> http://www.nokiausa.com/support/warranty/warrantyVerifi...
>
> If it is, good. lets continue.
>
> Print this pdf file:
>
> http://downloads.nokiausa.com/userguides/Melbourne_Repa...
>
> Mail to this address:
>

> Nokia Repair Center
> 795 W. Nasa Boulevard
> Melbourne, FL 32901
>
> I found this out here:
> http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repair/warrantyverifica...

warranty doesn't seem to be good. it tells me there was an error when i
put in my imei number. i bought this phone off of ebay, so i wouldn't be
shocked if it's not under warranty.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 6:27:46 PM

"Dave" <davesnothere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Danska wrote:
>> "dave" <something@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I found a website that says a firmware upgrade has been released for the
>>>nokia 6230 that fixes the problem it had connecting to bmw's bluetooth
>>>system in the car. How can I go about getting a firmware upgrade in the
>>>US?
>>>The article says that you have to mail it in to nokia, but doesn't give
>>>any
>>>indication as to how. The upgrade is to version 5.24 apparently. I am
>>>currently at 4.43.
>>>

>> This is how i did it:
>> Find out if nokia thinks its under warranty:
>>
>> http://www.nokiausa.com/support/warranty/warrantyVerifi...
>>
>> If it is, good. lets continue.
>>
>> Print this pdf file:
>>
>> http://downloads.nokiausa.com/userguides/Melbourne_Repa...
>>
>> Mail to this address:
>>

>> Nokia Repair Center
>> 795 W. Nasa Boulevard
>> Melbourne, FL 32901
>>
>> I found this out here:
>> http://www.nokiausa.com/support/repair/warrantyverifica...
>>

> warranty doesn't seem to be good. it tells me there was an error when i
> put in my imei number. i bought this phone off of ebay, so i wouldn't be
> shocked if it's not under warranty.

If it's not under warranty, it still shouldn't cost that much to get the
firmware flashed.
!