My Opinion of Nightlife

Well, I've only played for a few hours, I've played in downtown some and
even got some kids into college. I've been trying out new stuff. I
believe it's faster loading & seems like the game play is going well.
The Sims don't seem to tire as quickly & their moods go up quicker. I
love the cars, seems like they just get around faster & the game feels
more real to me or something, it's hard to explain. So far, I'm just
playing the game without any downloads or hacks & I'm thoroughly
enjoying it.

I recommend Nightlife to those who are thinking about it, but have yet
to buy. :)))

just my 2 pennies worth...deene
11 answers Last reply
More about opinion nightlife

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:58:46 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >The Sims don't seem to tire as quickly & their moods go up quicker. I

    At least downtown. I think they altered the decay. Either that or it
    seems slower because most of us play slower there? Plus, if you have a
    good date, it increases your needs! (or is that decreases?, well
    greener!)

    >love the cars, seems like they just get around faster & the game feels
    >more real to me or something, it's hard to explain. So far, I'm just

    Immersion and atmosphere? :-) At least it's that way for me.

    >playing the game without any downloads or hacks & I'm thoroughly
    >enjoying it.

    Oh no, I simply have to have some hacks, like no homework and age
    length alteration.

    >I recommend Nightlife to those who are thinking about it, but have yet
    >to buy. :)))
    >
    >just my 2 pennies worth...deene

    I second that.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    > Oh no, I simply have to have some hacks, like no homework and age
    > length alteration.

    Tell me about how the age length alteration works. I've heard about it but
    never tried it out.

    >>I recommend Nightlife to those who are thinking about it, but have yet
    >>to buy. :)))
    >>
    >>just my 2 pennies worth...deene
    >
    > I second that.

    Me three.

    ;')

    MM

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:33:01 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >Tell me about how the age length alteration works. I've heard about it but
    >never tried it out.

    Basically, you reprogram the duration of all the ages to whatever you
    like. I've set mine to

    Baby: 1 day (1 day is minimum)
    Toddler: 1 day
    Child: 5 days
    Teen: 20 days
    Adult: 100 days
    Elder: 30 days
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    And it's one setting to do the whole neighbourhood? Do you set it in-game or
    through SimPE?

    MM

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:33:01 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Tell me about how the age length alteration works. I've heard about it but
    >>never tried it out.
    >
    > Basically, you reprogram the duration of all the ages to whatever you
    > like. I've set mine to
    >
    > Baby: 1 day (1 day is minimum)
    > Toddler: 1 day
    > Child: 5 days
    > Teen: 20 days
    > Adult: 100 days
    > Elder: 30 days
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    > Oh no, I simply have to have some hacks, like no homework and age
    > length alteration.

    Oh, I didn't say I will continue to play without HACKS. LOL I'm just
    waiting a few days until I know the ones I love are safe. I'm a coward,
    I will let others be the testers!! HAHA!!!!

    deene

    There's instructions at SimLogical - it's the agecons global hack but be
    careful as it's a global. From what I've read it seems to be working ok
    with the game but Inge hasn't checked it out yet - or at least hadn't
    checked it out when I went there yesterday.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > And it's one setting to do the whole neighbourhood? Do you set it in-game
    or
    > through SimPE?
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:33:01 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > > <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Tell me about how the age length alteration works. I've heard about it
    but
    > >>never tried it out.
    > >
    > > Basically, you reprogram the duration of all the ages to whatever you
    > > like. I've set mine to
    > >
    > > Baby: 1 day (1 day is minimum)
    > > Toddler: 1 day
    > > Child: 5 days
    > > Teen: 20 days
    > > Adult: 100 days
    > > Elder: 30 days
    > > --
    > >

    > > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Thankyou. I shall go and look.

    MM

    > There's instructions at SimLogical - it's the agecons global hack but be
    > careful as it's a global. From what I've read it seems to be working ok
    > with the game but Inge hasn't checked it out yet - or at least hadn't
    > checked it out when I went there yesterday.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> And it's one setting to do the whole neighbourhood? Do you set it in-game
    > or
    >> through SimPE?
    >>
    >> MM
    >>

    >> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    > but
    >> >
    >> > Basically, you reprogram the duration of all the ages to whatever you
    >> > like. I've set mine to
    >> >
    >> > Baby: 1 day (1 day is minimum)
    >> > Toddler: 1 day
    >> > Child: 5 days
    >> > Teen: 20 days
    >> > Adult: 100 days
    >> > Elder: 30 days
    >> > --
    >> >

    >> > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    >> > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    >> > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:57:11 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >Thankyou. I shall go and look.

    Yeah, I've never had a single problem with it. It sets new age
    standards for the entire game, not just neighbourhoods.
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    I had fun with it too - my sims now live for over 300 days.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    deene wrote:
    > I recommend Nightlife to those who are thinking about it, but have yet
    > to buy. :)))

    I guess I will be the contrary one for this EP. I played Nightlife for two
    hours today after installing it. I feel like I have seen what I wanted to
    see now and I don't think Nightlife adds much to the way I play the game.

    I created a Sim with a the new pleasure aspiration. The matchmaker wandered
    over and matched him up with someone. They had a hot date or whatever they
    call the best date. It was not challenging to get that rating.

    My Sim had a desire to have 50 dates like that as a lifetime want. Since I
    created the poor guy as an adult that meant he was going to need to have a
    couple of dates a day to beat the reaper. After 5 dates though I was bored
    with the whole dating thing. My Sim proposed to the person he had had the
    most dates with. Then they got married. He was in for a shock because one
    thing he often thought of was children and then he married an elder by
    accident. He thought her hair was just grey as a funky hairstyle since her
    clothes were very young and we didn't notice that dowagers stoop thing
    downtown. But she's an elder so he is stuck with an infertile bride who
    can't fill her own lifetime want. I might have to hasten her death I guess.

    There are a few good things to Night Life I guess. I do like the fact that
    they are able to have some interactions while seated. I guess it was
    necessary or you couldn't eat during a date and keep the score going up.
    Still there are some cute ones there. Maybe the game will grow on me but so
    far I am not thrilled.

    Gareeth

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:22:45 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > My Sim had a desire to have 50 dates like that as a lifetime want. Since I
    >created the poor guy as an adult that meant he was going to need to have a
    >couple of dates a day to beat the reaper. After 5 dates though I was bored
    >with the whole dating thing. My Sim proposed to the person he had had the

    50 is a preposterous number anyway... and marathon-dating is no fun at
    all. It's more fun when you do it as part of the game at large :-)
    --

    .... too busy playing to post much :)

Sims Games Video Games