I7-2600k at 4.5ghz OC slowly needing more voltage? Memory related?

fuzzypickles88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I've had this build for about a year now and recently I've started to get OC BSODs and problems in Prime95 blend that I wasn't previously getting. The BSODs would go away when I increase the voltage from 1.36 (already on the high side) to 1.41 but that seems pretty unreasonable for my OC.

I flashed the bios of my Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 to the most recent BIOS and that didn't seem to help with stability so I figured what the hell, I'll run memtest and see if I get any problems with my ram. Sure enough I get 12+ errors in about 15 minutes of testing (note: I reset the CPU OC and voltage to default before running memtest). I've ordered some new RAM but how likely is it that this is the culprit for the reduced performance/stability?

alwaysblur

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Did you try swapping the RAM to the other slots? or taking them out and reinserting? maybe dust got into the slots. I've never had ram go bad on me but i guess it should be possible.

fuzzypickles88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I have a Noctua and plenty of fans in the case. After 2 hours of blend testing (at the higher overclock, 1.41) the highest peak was like 78 on one of the cores but it was generally mid to upper 60's under full load for the duration. When I tried to lower it back down it to the original voltage it was BSODing in the mid sixties so I'm not thinking it's a heating problem. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I was previously enabling LLC though... All other voltage settings were at auto btw.

TRENDING THREADS