Fanless graphics card

G

Hi,

I am currently using integrated graphics on my PC and looking for a new graphics card. To put into perspective what I am looking for, I consider my current on board graphics, Geforce 8200, to be pretty good but just want a bit more power for casual games and music visualizer etc.

However the card must be fanless and I don't really want something that it massively power consuming.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Here's a couple suggestions if you live in the US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000048+1069633099+1295318921&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=48&description=4670&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

G

Thanks everyone.

Would these be suitable for Fallout 3. I really m not a gamer but saw it on TV and thought if I am getting a card I should probably get a game to break it in!

x-nitrous-x

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009

you should be able to play fallout 3 on medium to high settings with the cards mentioned above.. depending on the resolution that you play in.

x-nitrous-x

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009

no doubt you could play fallout 3 on ultra but you might have to turn down the AA and AF a little.. probably wouldnt look bad with it off or on like 2x or maaaybe 4x

G

Will a 2.6 GHz AMD Athlon X2 be enough for that sort of game to with the mentioned graphics card? I have noticed a lot of signatures are in the 3 GHz quad core range.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
It will play. It might even play really well, but Fallout 3 is kind of a poor example, as it is very CPU intensive. That is why I figure it would perform so well, on the video card side of things, as the CPU limitation will allow the graphics to be set high, since it doesn't have to keep up with insane framerates.