Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No signal after booting

Last response: in Windows XP
April 2, 2012 9:18:09 PM

Hello,
My monitor will show visuals when I first turn it on durring the booting proccess. It shows my monitor logo, all of the text, and the windows xp logo with the blue bar underneath it. But once it gets to the point where you should see my desk top my monitor displays the "no signal" text and goes black. But I can still hear the computer finish booting and all my little noises it makes when it does. I just can't see it. What might the problem be?

More about : signal booting

April 2, 2012 10:54:23 PM

havenlily said:
Hello,
My monitor will show visuals when I first turn it on durring the booting proccess. It shows my monitor logo, all of the text, and the windows xp logo with the blue bar underneath it. But once it gets to the point where you should see my desk top my monitor displays the "no signal" text and goes black. But I can still hear the computer finish booting and all my little noises it makes when it does. I just can't see it. What might the problem be?

Trouble shooting links
http://www.bing.com/search?q=monitor+no+signal+at+deskt...
m
l
April 3, 2012 12:41:24 AM

Just ask ksiemb's wife, forget bing, it's worse than google, no advanced search mode of any kind.
But seriously, boot your xp by pressing F8 in VGA mode, tell me if that works, from there you should clean all video drivers on the system and install video drivers fresh, reboot and should be ok.
m
l
Related resources
April 3, 2012 1:06:13 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
Just ask ksiemb's wife, forget bing, it's worse than google, no advanced search mode of any kind.
But seriously, boot your xp by pressing F8 in VGA mode, tell me if that works, from there you should clean all video drivers on the system and install video drivers fresh, reboot and should be ok.

I've tried hitting F8 before I posted this...all 3 times F8 won't kick me into where I can select safe mode, and all that...it just boots like normal.
m
l
April 3, 2012 2:28:35 AM

If your system has a video out they connecting it to your tv. At least that way you can see what you are doing. Connect another keyboard if possible and press f8. If the video card is not integrated move to another slot..
m
l

Best solution

April 9, 2012 2:41:31 AM

If no F8 options you have corrupt boot files, I would suggest if no important data on it, re-partition, re-format, fresh install. If you do have data, remove drive and connect to other computer as slave or additional drive, scan with malwarebytes and anti-virus, then backup data. Place back in PC and do a fresh install.
April 10, 2012 3:40:36 AM

Best answer selected by havenlily.
m
l
!