LCD Failure

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 6, 2004 2:17:19 PM

Can anyone describe LCD failure symptoms? Is there total failure with
no display or some progressive worsening of display quality followed
by a more general failure? I have a laptop that blanks out the display
and then restores perfect display when the LCD/cover position is
changed. The blank screen is not the black screen when powered down,
but is a gray screen with no display. The external monitor port works
perfectly.

Regards, hawk

More about : lcd failure

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 6, 2004 10:55:06 PM

It's the LCD cable. Replace it

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:17:19 -0700, hawk <hawk@spamex.com> wrote:

>Can anyone describe LCD failure symptoms? Is there total failure with
>no display or some progressive worsening of display quality followed
>by a more general failure? I have a laptop that blanks out the display
>and then restores perfect display when the LCD/cover position is
>changed. The blank screen is not the black screen when powered down,
>but is a gray screen with no display. The external monitor port works
>perfectly.
>
>Regards, hawk

June 7, 2004 12:46:50 AM

sounds like a loose connection on the flex cable from the LCD to the system
board
"Bruce Markowitz" <scosgt@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> It's the LCD cable. Replace it
>
> On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:17:19 -0700, hawk <hawk@spamex.com> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone describe LCD failure symptoms? Is there total failure with
> >no display or some progressive worsening of display quality followed
> >by a more general failure? I have a laptop that blanks out the display
> >and then restores perfect display when the LCD/cover position is
> >changed. The blank screen is not the black screen when powered down,
> >but is a gray screen with no display. The external monitor port works
> >perfectly.
> >
> >Regards, hawk

Related resources
June 7, 2004 11:55:21 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. Since you both seem sure that the problem
is with the LCD cable or it's connections, can I ask why? What
symptoms lead you to that conclusion? And what symptoms would lead you
to a conclusion that the LCD was bad?

Thanks and regards, hawk

Bruce Markowitz wrote,

"It's the LCD cable. Replace it"

Fixer wrote:

> sounds like a loose connection on the flex cable from the LCD to the system
> board
> "Bruce Markowitz" <scosgt@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>>It's the LCD cable. Replace it
>>
>>On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:17:19 -0700, hawk <hawk@spamex.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Can anyone describe LCD failure symptoms? Is there total failure with
>>>no display or some progressive worsening of display quality followed
>>>by a more general failure? I have a laptop that blanks out the display
>>>and then restores perfect display when the LCD/cover position is
>>>changed. The blank screen is not the black screen when powered down,
>>>but is a gray screen with no display. The external monitor port works
>>>perfectly.
>>>
>>>Regards, hawk

Anonymous
a b D Laptop