Sign in with
Your question

Gygabyte X58A-UD3R Cold Boot Issues

Last response: in Motherboards
April 7, 2010 8:18:15 AM

Hello,

I just purchased an entire new PC with the Gygabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard, and I have the following problems:

1. On cold boot, the computer have power for one second, goes off and 2 seconds afterwards turns on again automatically.

2. On Bios, when I choose "Save and exit", the computer sometimes turns off instead of resetting. It may turn on again automatically.

3. Every now and then a message appears saying "CMOS checksum error"

Once the operating system gets running, there is no problems with the motherboard until I reboot or shut down the pc.

The bios version is the one that came by default. I've tried with the mobo default settings, changing the "power management" settings of the Bios, etc. and nothing solves the problem. I've also tried to disconnect any peripherical, leaving only the cpu, mobo, ram and PSU, and I still have the same problem.

The bios doesn't seem to lose my settings like other users have experienced, except when the CMOS checksum error appears.

Please, I would really appreciate a solution. I don't know whether a Bios update would solve the problem.

Thank you so much

By the way, here are my main specs:

Core i7 930
Gygabyte X58A-UD3R
OCZ DDR3 6GB Tripple channel (1333Mhz)
Corsair TX 850W
NOX Coolbay Devil Edition
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 7, 2010 3:02:50 PM

[:graywolf:9]
!