Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500

amcsoldier

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

Can anybody answer this? I have fundamentally the same question. I won't be gaming but I do intend to watch a lot of video (xvid, dvd, maybe even HD video one day) and I don't want to buy this Gateway if the vid card will just be a drain on system resources.

In the alternative, if it is a poor performer, what would the upgrade options be for this Gateway (keeping in mind the small case and weak power supply)?

Opinions are urgently needed, as the product just came back in stock after a month of being on back order. Who knows when it will be sold out again!

amcsoldier

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Great! So the X4500 can handle HD media. But, other half of the question: how is its performance? Will playing video be a drain on system resources? For example, if I have a video playing on one side of the screen, will web browsing be affected? Can it handle something more intensive, like playing an xvid movie and converting a file to xvid at the same time? These are hypothetical situations - I'm just trying to gauge the processing power. I don't want to have to stop everything I'm doing to play a video. I don't want the video to be choppy.

To reiterate: I do not play computer games. I only care about the performance of this unit as it pertains to video playback. Is the combination of this GPA, an Intel quad-core processor, and 6gb ram enough to guarantee smooth video playback?

Sorry if this question seems elementary; I've been out of the computer realm for the past few years, so I have no idea what's good anymore.

Thanks to everyone for whatever expertise you can lend!

Okay, u must have a great processor to do web browsing, video playing and converting file at the same time, make sure u have a big enough memory too...
It's all CPU's job, not GPU.. :)
And yes, quad core, 6bg of ram and onboard graphic card is enough. :D