Need some help about XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 WaterCooling Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky nin

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hi guys I'm Frank and I'm planning to have a water cooling system for my cpu and gpu. Here my spec

CPU: i5 2500k 4.5ghz
GPU: leadtex gtx580
MAIN: Asus P8P67
RAM: 8gb G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL 7 RipjawsX
PSU: Seasonic X-850 850W
CASE: CM 690 II

I did some research here and there about water cooling but after all I'm still a bit nervous about what components I should buy and all...so I think it would be best for me to get a kit like XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 so I dont mess it up, buy wrong things, not compatible... And in that case, since my CM 690 II is unable to handle a 360 rad without modding, I think my only option is to put the rad outside of a case (may be up top or at the back... :| ). Anyway, since my knowledge about water cooling is very limited, my questions about it would be a very long list...and I need you guys helps, opinion before I can make my wc setup happens:

1) Since this kit is kind of CPU loop-only kit ( as I think =.=), so if I add 1 more gpu block on my gpu, will I be able to cool both my cpu and gpu ? is the pump in this kit powerful enough ?
2) should I really go for RX360 rad or should I make it 1 RX240 and 1 RX120 so it can be installed inside my case ?
3) is a GPU universal block ok for my setup ?
...more questions is on the way...
please help! :D
thank you.

Solution
Have you read through the watercooling sticky? It's linked below in my signature.

Yes, that rad can handle your 2500k and the 580. The sticky also tells you how to determine what you'll need in order to cool what is in your loop.

The sticky also covers universal water blocks.

As has been discussed several times in many, many threads prior to yours, the Rasa/Raystorm kit pumps are fine on a CPU+GPU and even multiple GPU loops. Radiators offer very little loop resistance, so they are fairly negligible.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Have you read through the watercooling sticky? It's linked below in my signature.

Yes, that rad can handle your 2500k and the 580. The sticky also tells you how to determine what you'll need in order to cool what is in your loop.

The sticky also covers universal water blocks.

As has been discussed several times in many, many threads prior to yours, the Rasa/Raystorm kit pumps are fine on a CPU+GPU and even multiple GPU loops. Radiators offer very little loop resistance, so they are fairly negligible.

Solution

franky nin

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
yup I just did read through the sticky and unfortunately I still have some doubt :( hope you can help me to clear this out :D
_ like in this part "But in instances where you need to use a universal I would STRONGLY recommend using cooper heatsinks and applying them to the mosfets and inductors." is this mean beside a gpu universal block for the gpu, I also need to have separated heatsinks for the rest of my gpu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.