P45-UD3LR Endless Reboot Cycle

stewysb119

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Here's a perplexing one... I recently did a memory upgrade and flashed the BIOS to F10 when doing my Win 7 install:

P45-UD3LR
E8500 @ 4ghz- 533x7.5 1.26v
OCZ Reaper 1066 memory 2x2g- stock timings and 2.1v
MCH voltage at 1.3v
EVGA GTX 260 216

OK so here's what's happening. When I boot from a power off position, the reboot fails at when it tries to detect the drives, it powers off and tries to reboot. Endless cycle begins!!

So I tried everything. Moved the memory to the another slots, moved the hard drives to other sata ports, etc...

Just for grins, I got angry and pulled all of my usb devices out. I only have 2 (Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard, and MS Sidewinder X8 mouse.) Low and Behold it boots... After checking it all again, the keyboard has to be unplugged to get the thing to boot. Once the BIOS passes the "Verifying VMI Pool" step, I can plug in my keyboard.

I guess I can deal with the having to unplug my keyboard thing every time I want to boot or restart, but it sure is annoying.

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this??? I want to believe that the BIOS flash to F10 bugged, but I can't find any other cases of this happening.

Thanks in Advance. :hello: