Scoping the room

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2005 12:44:18 PM

Anybody got a handle on the "Scope Room" command? Some of my Sims can
do it, some can't. Some can do it sometimes.

Right now I have 2 roomies out on an outing, and one of them can do it,
the other can't.

Does anybody know the criteria for this? Or is it a bug?

(Oh, and "Check Talent" would have been an even better name, but that
may be a bit of a Dublin thing... :-))

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

Apocalesse (sm):
Carro scoperto usato dall'Angelo Sterminatore

More about : scoping room

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:12:58 PM

Anna Mazzoldi wrote in alt.games.the-sims:

> Anybody got a handle on the "Scope Room" command? Some of my Sims can
> do it, some can't. Some can do it sometimes.
>
> Right now I have 2 roomies out on an outing, and one of them can do
> it, the other can't.
>
> Does anybody know the criteria for this? Or is it a bug?
>
> (Oh, and "Check Talent" would have been an even better name, but that
> may be a bit of a Dublin thing... :-))

Found my answer... In a thread called "Nightlife Prima guide has
arrived", Guardian Pegasus quotes the guide saying that "Scope Room"
isn't available until you have established a Sim's sexual preference.

It works: I had one Sim out on the prowl but she couldn't scope the
room. I got her to wolf whistle at another girl, and lo, the command
appeared in her pie menu... (And all the sims who were flagged as
"attractive" were women.)

Good, solved. I do think it's a bit restrictive -- several of my Sims
are bisexual by choice (my choice :-)), some because they come from
pre-existing stories. Of course I can still direct them to chat up
whomever I want, but I hope there will be a mod made to change this
restriction.

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

life, n.: A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 6:01:55 PM

i caught the "sexual preference" thing too.....one of my Sims who has had a
long-term female partner recently lost her (now she's back as a zombie lol)
and so she went out on the town to find dates. She was the first female
preferring female I sent out. I was really surprised when I said "scope
room" and she only glowed on women!

I wish we could have the "bisexual" option as well for the Sims that are
"that way." Maybe the next version?

Julie

"Anna Mazzoldi" <AnnaUsenet@iol.ie> wrote in message
> Anna Mazzoldi wrote in alt.games.the-sims:
>
>> Anybody got a handle on the "Scope Room" command? Some of my Sims can
>> do it, some can't. Some can do it sometimes.
>>
>> Right now I have 2 roomies out on an outing, and one of them can do
>> it, the other can't.
>>
>> Does anybody know the criteria for this? Or is it a bug?
>>
>> (Oh, and "Check Talent" would have been an even better name, but that
>> may be a bit of a Dublin thing... :-))
>
> Found my answer... In a thread called "Nightlife Prima guide has
> arrived", Guardian Pegasus quotes the guide saying that "Scope Room"
> isn't available until you have established a Sim's sexual preference.
>
> It works: I had one Sim out on the prowl but she couldn't scope the
> room. I got her to wolf whistle at another girl, and lo, the command
> appeared in her pie menu... (And all the sims who were flagged as
> "attractive" were women.)
>
> Good, solved. I do think it's a bit restrictive -- several of my Sims
> are bisexual by choice (my choice :-)), some because they come from
> pre-existing stories. Of course I can still direct them to chat up
> whomever I want, but I hope there will be a mod made to change this
> restriction.
>
> --
> Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;
>
> life, n.: A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
September 18, 2005 2:38:54 AM

On 17 Sep 2005 10:12:58 GMT, "Anna Mazzoldi" <AnnaUsenet@iol.ie>
wrote:

>Found my answer... In a thread called "Nightlife Prima guide has
>arrived", Guardian Pegasus quotes the guide saying that "Scope Room"
>isn't available until you have established a Sim's sexual preference.

Glad I could help. Personally I think the starting preference should
be heterosexual, and you instead could modify it to be bi or homo.
Just use the "check out sim" flirt option, since it doesnt seem to
offend anyone :-)
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

Or maybe she's just heard about Don Lothario.

Very wise
maxon

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:32:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
> <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>
> Oh LOL... maybe they're homophobes :-) My sims so far have just walked
> up to the person and told me what they think of them.
September 19, 2005 12:21:17 AM

marcesent wrote:
> Anna Mazzoldi wrote in alt.games.the-sims:
>> Good, solved. I do think it's a bit restrictive -- several of my Sims
>> are bisexual by choice (my choice :-)), some because they come from
>> pre-existing stories. Of course I can still direct them to chat up
>> whomever I want, but I hope there will be a mod made to change this
>> restriction.

> i caught the "sexual preference" thing too.....
[...]
> I wish we could have the "bisexual" option as well for the Sims that are
> "that way." Maybe the next version?

Can someone comment on this in a bit more detail? What is the sexual
preference thing? What does it make possible, what does it prevent,
is it compulsory, and what happens to existing bisexual sims if you
set it?

jon, thinking of buying NL
--
With metta from: \ _/__ In the north sky time flies fast to the morning

>Or maybe she's just heard about Don Lothario

Yeah, sounds like she has good taste to me!!
!