Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help me choosing the liquid cooling stuffs

Last response: in Overclocking
February 2, 2012 7:52:18 PM

Hye, im planning to install a decent liquid cooling systems for my new build gaming rig..im planning to overclock at maximum @5Ghz

HAF X case
ASUS P8Z68 VPRO/GEN3
I7 2700K
MSI GTX 570 TFIII IN SLI
CORSAIR HX850
OCZ VERTEX 3 120GB
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB (LOW PROFILE)
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB

I do read the tomshardware's water cooling sticky but kind of messed up with the information...
Im wondering, which is better between buying a full set kit or buy custom(different components of different brands)-'better' means worth/cheaper..

If so, can someone suggest me the components should I buy (like the model,brand or maybe link)??
or just a complete set kit??
my budget is around $250 no more that that or maybe less

Thank you so much for putting your thought and time here...
I will be much2 appreciated.. :D 
a c 100 K Overclocking
February 2, 2012 8:44:05 PM

For $250 the best bang for your buck is going to be either an XSPC RASA kit or a Swiftech Edge (or Ultima) kit. You'll want the 220 rad version for just CPU.

Adding the GPUs to the loop will cost a fair bit more as you'll need GPU blocks and at least another 320 or 420 worth of rad space.
m
l
February 2, 2012 8:54:31 PM

wolfram23 said:
For $250 the best bang for your buck is going to be either an XSPC RASA kit or a Swiftech Edge (or Ultima) kit. You'll want the 220 rad version for just CPU.

Adding the GPUs to the loop will cost a fair bit more as you'll need GPU blocks and at least another 320 or 420 worth of rad space.

I don't think to add the GPU blocks because I think the stock MSI cooler is pretty awesome.. :D .. I just wanna use the liquid cooler for the CPU or maybe motherboard..but for motherboard, it kinda hard and risk since we need to uninstall the stock cooling systems..Does the Swiftech Edge Kit got both cpu and gpu block?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 100 K Overclocking
February 2, 2012 9:07:41 PM

No it only comes with a CPU block. Universal GPU blocks are around $50-60, while full cover blocks are $100-200 typically.

Motherboard cooling is completely unnecessary these days.
February 10, 2012 7:46:19 PM

Best answer selected by gibsy.
m
l
!