Sign in with
Your question

Cannot enter BIOS Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

Last response: in Motherboards
April 7, 2010 11:17:52 PM

So I just completed my first pc build and it turned on without a hitch, however I have ran into a problem. Everytime my machine boots I get to the logo screen with no issues however when I push my mobo's BIOS key (delete key) it shows the POST screen for less than a second (sometimes not at all) and then a black screen appears listing my PCI or IDE controller info, then below the list it says Verifying DMI pool data. I actually have no clue what it is, i'm not to good with computers so I posted a picture below. Then a few seconds after that appears windows loads up and I can use my computer normally with absolutely no problems. Before I had installed windows 7 64bit that exact same screen appeared while I was trying to get into the BIOS, except it said something like, Disc boot error insert OS disc, so I did and windows installed. Sorry if this isn't the most descriptive question but I tried to give you guys as much as I know. Other than this problem my computer functions normally but I need to get into the BIOS to change somethings. Any ideas? Sometimes I can push tab to see the POST screen manually and it works but seconds later it goes right into the same black screen. It can't be my keyboard because I can push F12 and get the Boot menu to choose the boot device without going in the BIOS so it has to be another issue.

First screen:
It shows the logo screen

Second Screen:
Then after pushing delete it does not go to BIOS it shows this screen

Then windows boots up normally, i'm puzzled? :heink: 

Specs:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L LGA 775 motherboard (rev 1.1)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 stock
2gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500 (Currently at PC2-6400 because I can't get into BIOS to change settings)
Visiontek ATI Radeon 3870 512mb GDDR4
250gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 16mb cache 7200rpm
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Antec Basiq BP550 550 watt modular PSU
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 7, 2010 11:50:54 PM

The fact that you are seeing the PCI/DMI screen means that you have already missed the 'BIOS entry' point! Reboot, and 'peck at' that <DEL> key like a little woodpecker, until you get in; then, go to the "Advanced BIOS Features" page, and 'disable' the "Full Screen LOGO Show" item - for unknown reasons, it makes the entry point easier to 'hit'... Do an <F10> to save and exit, and, on the reboot, it should be a bit simpler, plus, you'll 'see' more of the POST, which can give you valuable info!
m
l
April 8, 2010 12:14:15 AM

wow I just realized it wouldn't work because I was using an apple keyboard I switched to a windows keyboard and bam!! in the BIOS
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
April 8, 2010 1:44:03 AM

...see 'miscegenation' [:bilbat:9] [:bilbat:9]
m
l
!