Solved

Corsair H100 or NZXT Havik 140

So I have been researching a new cooler so I can overclock, for weeks and cant decide or find substantial evidence that one is better than the other. I have an nzxt phantom case so space isn't much of a problem. Any recommendations on a different water cooling set up or which should I get? If you have a recommendation I would like it to stay under 200 dollars. Thank you!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair h100 nzxt havik
  1. Hi!

How much are you planning to overclock?
  2. I use the H100 with 4 fans in push/pull and I have no problem recommending it for many reasons. Here are a few:

1) cooling is great its one of the best (if not the best) coolers short of custom water cooling
    2) too easy to install because paste if pre-applied
    3) less stress on the mobo compared to air coolers

If you are going for the highest OC short of custom water cooling, get the H100 and 4 upgraded fans like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553001

That's easily under $200
  3. ok cool thanks and yeah I was planning on the cougar fans if I ended up choosing the h100 too so Thanks!
  4. just btw, unless you are overclocking over like around 4.8 ghz, the HAvik is the way to go.

Spending almost 200 dollars on a cooler is only worth it if youre gonna overclok SUPER high.
  5. Best answer
    Rarely (if ever) can you run too cool. So...

even with a 4.5 OC, my temps with the H100 push/pull are 10'C lower than the air cooler that I was using and that is on low fan speeds. That means that instead of running in the low 70s'C I run in the low 60s'C which can only be good for the cpu. Also, it gives me the option to OC higher and still stay cool.

imo a good cpu cooler is worth the price.

Edit:

And it is only like $135 if you get the H100 from Amazon.com and the fans from Newegg. Also, if you aren't in a rush to OC, you can easily wait until a rebate or sale hits.
  6. Best answer selected by HugeNHLfan30.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Corsair Product