Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair H100 or NZXT Havik 140

Last response: in Overclocking
February 3, 2012 3:02:41 AM

So I have been researching a new cooler so I can overclock, for weeks and cant decide or find substantial evidence that one is better than the other. I have an nzxt phantom case so space isn't much of a problem. Any recommendations on a different water cooling set up or which should I get? If you have a recommendation I would like it to stay under 200 dollars. Thank you!
February 10, 2012 1:14:15 AM

Hi!

How much are you planning to overclock?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 10, 2012 1:25:40 AM

I use the H100 with 4 fans in push/pull and I have no problem recommending it for many reasons. Here are a few:

1) cooling is great its one of the best (if not the best) coolers short of custom water cooling
2) too easy to install because paste if pre-applied
3) less stress on the mobo compared to air coolers

If you are going for the highest OC short of custom water cooling, get the H100 and 4 upgraded fans like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That's easily under $200
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2012 2:24:35 AM

ok cool thanks and yeah I was planning on the cougar fans if I ended up choosing the h100 too so Thanks!
m
l
February 10, 2012 3:29:15 AM

just btw, unless you are overclocking over like around 4.8 ghz, the HAvik is the way to go.

Spending almost 200 dollars on a cooler is only worth it if youre gonna overclok SUPER high.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 10, 2012 3:33:12 AM

Rarely (if ever) can you run too cool. So...

even with a 4.5 OC, my temps with the H100 push/pull are 10'C lower than the air cooler that I was using and that is on low fan speeds. That means that instead of running in the low 70s'C I run in the low 60s'C which can only be good for the cpu. Also, it gives me the option to OC higher and still stay cool.

imo a good cpu cooler is worth the price.

Edit:

And it is only like $135 if you get the H100 from Amazon.com and the fans from Newegg. Also, if you aren't in a rush to OC, you can easily wait until a rebate or sale hits.
February 17, 2012 2:30:02 AM

Best answer selected by HugeNHLfan30.
m
l
!