Sign in with
Your question

Bsod 0x7e new build, help plz

Last response: in Systems
October 16, 2009 10:10:43 PM

New build from new egg 1 1/2 months old, was running fine then I started getting error beeps. 2 short beeps ( memory). for some stupid reason ( i know I'm an idiot) I ran regcure- It deleted 4000+ registry files!! now I cannot get into windows at all( not even safe mode) Now the error beeps went away...
error is: stop 0x7e, 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffffadfc7ace756, 0xfffffadf910d9d50, 0xfffffadf910d9760
I did a repair install.
I ran memtest86+ v4.0 for about an hour (2 passes) no errors reported.
tried switching ram in multiple different ways.
tried with and without my gpu
tried a diferent hdd- and got diff bsod ( 0x7b) this hdd is ide and not sata, with xp pro installed and working on other pc, bios recognises it, but would it need to be configured somehow?
I dont have any more 240 pin ddr2 ram to test it with. But I dont know why 2 sticks of ram would fault at same time.

so my question is: do I need new ram, motherboard, or wipe drive and reinstall windows? Or can I do anything else to save my system?

Specs:
widows xp 64 bit sp2
AMD Phenom 9650 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - not oc'd
BIOSTAR TA790GXB A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
EVGA 01G-P3-N958-LR GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card- pretty highly oc'd
All new...

Any help/suggestions very much appreciated.

More about : bsod 0x7e build plz

October 17, 2009 2:02:52 AM

check in BIOS to see if the RAM voltage is correct .

1066 Mhz is usually 800 MHz thats been clocked and over volted .... but if your motherboard hasnt spotted that then it could be causing your errors .

You could add voltage if needed or slow the ram to 800 MHz

You could also try reseting BIOS by shorting the jumper or removing the battery for a few minutes
m
l
October 18, 2009 9:37:36 PM

Thank you for the reply. Indeed my voltage was a bit low for the manufacture specs so I turned them up to specs.

UPDATE: I changed some settings and was able to boot it in safe mode, but registry was so screwed up I could barely do anything at all. After several hours of trying to salvage anything I gave up and reformated. I learned my lesson further-DO NOT TO MESS WITH THE REGISTRY!!! Regcure absolutly ruined all. I could not copy/paste files, nero was missing various components as were every other disk write software, internet was a mess so I couldnt reinstall anything, it deleted my system restore, I couldnt even get command prompt up.
The thing that probly sucked the most was loosing my saved game files :cry:  but I'm pretty sure they got deleted too cause they were not in the game directory anymore.
After reinstalling I got another blue screen once but I hadnt set it not to restart when system fail yet, but it hasnt happened again so far(knock on wood) I am still trying to figure out what that was about.....

So to recap my crappy story: DO NOT USE REGCURE or any other registry deleter unless your bored and like to troubleshoot/repair stuff.
m
l
October 19, 2009 12:08:55 AM

reg cleaners are bogus nonsense . The lot of them IMO

Theres a free one I have used called ccleaner and its safer than most but will occasionally nuke a .dll you need for some app . So far I havent seen it do any damage to an OS

www.ccleaner.com
m
l
!