Nightlife Installation Problem?

Anyone else had a problem installing Nightlife?

The installer is telling me:

A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file
'TSData\Res\Sound\SfxKD1.package' from the media.

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

Now this is in a file on Disc 1 called compressed.zip. This copies off
the CD OK, so trying to extract using Winzip gives me: bad CRC 8e36a61b
(should be e76894a0)

Grrr.

Any fixes (Without waiting two weeks for a replacement)

Cya
Simon
2 answers Last reply
More about nightlife installation problem

    Simon Dean wrote:
    > Anyone else had a problem installing Nightlife?

    Well, touch wood...

    I tried two different DVD drives, only to have both fail during
    installation at 13%. Cleaned twice, tried both drives again, still no go.

    Really really cleaned it, with the back of my t-shirt so there's
    scratches all over the surface of the disc, and hey presto! It's
    installing! 38% and counting. :-/

    Cya
    Simon

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:16:35 +0100, Simon Dean
    <sjdean@simtext.plus.com> wrote:

    >Well, touch wood...
    >
    >I tried two different DVD drives, only to have both fail during
    >installation at 13%. Cleaned twice, tried both drives again, still no go.
    >
    >Really really cleaned it, with the back of my t-shirt so there's
    >scratches all over the surface of the disc, and hey presto! It's
    >installing! 38% and counting. :-/

    If the data on the disk is corrupted and the disk physically damaged
    there can be no recovery. Otherwise you might try copying the data to
    disk with various programs...
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

Video Games