Nightlife Installation Problem?

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2005 3:10:14 PM

Anyone else had a problem installing Nightlife?

The installer is telling me:

A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file
'TSData\Res\Sound\SfxKD1.package' from the media.

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

Now this is in a file on Disc 1 called compressed.zip. This copies off
the CD OK, so trying to extract using Winzip gives me: bad CRC 8e36a61b
(should be e76894a0)

Grrr.

Any fixes (Without waiting two weeks for a replacement)

Cya
Simon
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 3:16:35 PM

Simon Dean wrote:
> Anyone else had a problem installing Nightlife?

Well, touch wood...

I tried two different DVD drives, only to have both fail during
installation at 13%. Cleaned twice, tried both drives again, still no go.

Really really cleaned it, with the back of my t-shirt so there's
scratches all over the surface of the disc, and hey presto! It's
installing! 38% and counting. :-/

Cya
Simon
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:00:34 AM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:16:35 +0100, Simon Dean
<sjdean@simtext.plus.com> wrote:

>Well, touch wood...
>
>I tried two different DVD drives, only to have both fail during
>installation at 13%. Cleaned twice, tried both drives again, still no go.
>
>Really really cleaned it, with the back of my t-shirt so there's
>scratches all over the surface of the disc, and hey presto! It's
>installing! 38% and counting. :-/

If the data on the disk is corrupted and the disk physically damaged
there can be no recovery. Otherwise you might try copying the data to
disk with various programs...
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"