Solved

Kingston 95 gig ssd config

I just bought a new system to put together. I want to have Win7 64bit and World of Warcraft on the SSD Whats best way to set up my boot drive? I have not built a system in a few years any special way this needs to be tweaked?

x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
1 x Kingston SSDNow V+100 KR-S1296-3H 2.5" 96GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
1 x Kingston Gift - World of Tanks CD game
1 x Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3X1K2/8GX
1 x Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
1 x ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about kingston config
  1. Best answer
    I just happen to have the Kingston SSDNow V+100 in my own rig. I bought it when newegg.com had it on sale for $99.99 and free shipping.

If you are going to do a clean install it is just a matter of going into the System BIOS at boot-up and enabling AHCI mode. Once boot up is complete simply install Windows 7. After that you can do the space saving tweaks in the article Pyree linked to. You can skip the performance tweaks. According to the article some of them might actually harm performance. That's what I did. I've had the ssd for almost three months and everything is running smoothly.

I hope you know that an ssd will not improve actual game play and it will not improve FPS. The only thing that happens is that the game will launch faster and levels, maps, or charts will load faster. If you participate in online gaming, then the ssd will not improve anything. You'll still be at the mercy of your Internet Service Provider.
  2. Best answer selected by reropb.
  3. Ty johnnyLucky, exactly the info I was looking for. WoW currently takes over a minute to load zones ect. After reading that hyperlink link I wasn't looking forward to tons of adjustments.

Do you know if 2500k processor comes with a stock cooler? Or I need to get after market asap?

Thanks all in advance!
  4. A cpu heatsink and fan are included with the "retail" or "boxed" version of the Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz. Here is an example of a retail version:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072&Tpk=Intel%20Core%20i5-2500K%20Sandy%20Bridge%203.3GHz

An OEM version does not come with a cpu heatsink, fan, or anything else. All you get is the cpu. Here is an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115062
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Kingston Storage Product