The TRUE TAMING of CRYSIS

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Asus-Nvidia-Supercomputer-Cores-960,8943.html#BOM_comments

Unbelievable....

$14,500 to max Crysis out.... I hope the guys at EA and Crytech are celebrating and partying hard because they must be proud of their baby................. I guess for all the flack ppl give Crysis and its gameplay it truly gave us a BENCHMARK.... I dont know if any other game has stayed at the top of benchmarks like the original Crysis.... not even Far Cry1 could do that.... Perhaps a console game like Grand Tourismo?

Crysis has been the basis for all GPU tests and hard core PC fans and enthuiasts will agree that the game has beautiful graphics almost 2 and a half years later..... It still is the best looking game to date in my opinion....

I mean even for ASUS to come out with this monster "Supercomputer" intended for medical apps and enough hardware/software to make PIXAR AND LUCASARTS proud and then MENTION Crysis.... 1.1 teraflops.... man that can make a whole Crysis world with birds never doing the same thing twice, ants eating dead soldiers while collecting the meat and bringing back to its random hive, while the humans go out for a drink and eat and the aliens prepare for their randomized hunting sessions....... the possibilities... I think the CPU needs to be updated as the XEON is great but maybe they should wait and release this next year with the new HEXA-Core 'fermi' CPU's and then it might be a tad worth the crazy $14,500!

I am more surprised that it took THIS beast to MAX Crysis out at FULL 100% beyond threshold settings.

Now whats left to do is for someone or a group to post the actual FPS we can get out of this..... Somehow I dont think even TOms can get their hands on this PC and test it to the max.....

deathmustard

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I can play crysis all enthusiast settings with 8X AA and 16AF and not notice any slowdown with my i7 920 3.4ghz and radeon 5870 1920x1080. So I'm waiting for something to put a hurt on this new system I just built.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

what resolution?