• Asus
  • NIC
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • PCI Express
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
April 8, 2010 11:56:19 AM

i have a asus p5n-e sli, and i want to purchase http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Question: Can i install the NIC in the PCI Express x16 slot slot that the other video card goes in?

More about : pci slots

a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2010 12:34:06 PM

Yes.
m
l
April 8, 2010 12:36:06 PM

mosox said:
Yes.

alright cool thanks and do i have to do anything with that SLI thing in the middle of my mobo?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2010 1:03:27 PM

It seem you have an old style SLI bridge I really don't know if adding that card won't downgrade your first PCIe slot from x16 to x8. Wait for some more replies.
m
l
a c 304 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2010 3:02:16 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Why do you want install in that slot?
2- Don't have sense install a card that only can run at x1 in a slot that can run at x16.
m
l
April 9, 2010 10:56:52 AM

saint19 no offense meant but you should consider making your tone a little politer.after all he is a newcomer
m
l
April 9, 2010 11:32:28 AM

joshuajones02 said:
i have a asus p5n-e sli, and i want to purchase http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Question: Can i install the NIC in the PCI Express x16 slot slot that the other video card goes in?

Hi,

yes you can, but a better solution is to install that nic in the upper x1 slot, it should fit.

Brad
m
l
a c 304 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 1:04:22 PM

ahmadumair said:
saint19 no offense meant but you should consider making your tone a little politer.after all he is a newcomer

Isn't an insulting tone, just i'm asking because maybe he have a GPU that hide the proper slot for install the NIC.

If not, he can install the NIC in that slot, but like I said up, could lost performance in the GPU,so, if he have available the PCI-E x1 is better install the NIC in this.
m
l
!