I'm Overwhelmed

I must say, that with NL Maxis really, really has got me now.....and it's
going to be for life, since that's how long it's going to take me to do
everything in this game that I want to do!

I'm one of those that as I play, I *really* get into the "story" of my Sim's
life....setting up a life from infancy through old age. I'm a "Sim
nurturer" for lack of a better phrase. I feel awful when their little lives
don't go well, like when a teen runs away, or a Sim becomes a zombie, or
whatever. I'm also frustrated at the very limited number of "lifetime
aspirations" - as I'd like to make *every* Sim reach their lifetime
aspiration, and with such a small pool it gets boring to follow the same
path. How many Sims can be "Captain hero" or a "Criminal Mastermind"
anyway??

But I digress. Anyway, before NL, I played about 4 Sims at a time at any
one time. This was a nice number to keep in a household, I could meet all
their needs but still give them some latitude, and I generally played on X2
speed. I would follow a few Sims at a time through infancy, childhood,
teen, send them to University, bring them back home, marry/work/whatever,
into old age. Now, I have to play ONE Sim at a time, on slow speed - I'm
finding that single Sim households are about as much as I can manage! And
right now I'm just focusing on dating and establishing
relationships.....having babies and going to University and working are just
going out the window.

Why is this is? BECAUSE NOW THE GAME IS SO FREAKING REAL! And as I think
of the task of managing these little Sim lifetimes now - let alone playing
with Vampires and Zombies and Rewards and all the other fun stuff - I get
totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do now! And I know that with the
next EP there's going to be even more!

So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription for
xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy with
this EP.

Julie
22 answers Last reply
More about overwhelmed

    "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I must say, that with NL Maxis really, really has got me now.....and it's
    > going to be for life, since that's how long it's going to take me to do
    > everything in this game that I want to do!
    >
    > I'm one of those that as I play, I *really* get into the "story" of my
    Sim's
    > life....setting up a life from infancy through old age. I'm a "Sim
    > nurturer" for lack of a better phrase. I feel awful when their little
    lives
    > don't go well, like when a teen runs away, or a Sim becomes a zombie, or
    > whatever. I'm also frustrated at the very limited number of "lifetime
    > aspirations" - as I'd like to make *every* Sim reach their lifetime
    > aspiration, and with such a small pool it gets boring to follow the same
    > path. How many Sims can be "Captain hero" or a "Criminal Mastermind"
    > anyway??
    >
    > But I digress. Anyway, before NL, I played about 4 Sims at a time at any
    > one time. This was a nice number to keep in a household, I could meet all
    > their needs but still give them some latitude, and I generally played on
    X2
    > speed. I would follow a few Sims at a time through infancy, childhood,
    > teen, send them to University, bring them back home, marry/work/whatever,
    > into old age. Now, I have to play ONE Sim at a time, on slow speed - I'm
    > finding that single Sim households are about as much as I can manage! And
    > right now I'm just focusing on dating and establishing
    > relationships.....having babies and going to University and working are
    just
    > going out the window.
    >
    > Why is this is? BECAUSE NOW THE GAME IS SO FREAKING REAL! And as I think
    > of the task of managing these little Sim lifetimes now - let alone playing
    > with Vampires and Zombies and Rewards and all the other fun stuff - I get
    > totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do now! And I know that with
    the
    > next EP there's going to be even more!
    >
    > So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription
    for
    > xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy with
    > this EP.
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > I know what you mean cause i'm just like you,i like my sims so much that
    when it's time for them to die i don't want to let them go.Now with NL i
    want to do everything at once but i just can't....seeing the neighborhood
    and having cars is really like real life.As for lifetime wants well,half of
    the town are criminals and the other half is there to arrest them.
    Happy simming,

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:12:15 GMT, "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >path. How many Sims can be "Captain hero" or a "Criminal Mastermind"
    >anyway??

    LOL yeah... I had like 25 Masterminds and 50 Captain Heroes in my
    game.

    >Why is this is? BECAUSE NOW THE GAME IS SO FREAKING REAL! And as I think
    >of the task of managing these little Sim lifetimes now - let alone playing
    >with Vampires and Zombies and Rewards and all the other fun stuff - I get
    >totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do now! And I know that with the
    >next EP there's going to be even more!
    >
    >So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription for
    >xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy with
    >this EP.

    LOL, just take sufficient doses of Nightlife...

    I envy you in your ability to get involved in each sim's life. My
    playing style sort of takes a 'bigger picture' or grander scale where
    it's more about macromanagement. Maybe I should try playing like that
    too :-)
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:12:15 GMT, "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >path. How many Sims can be "Captain hero" or a "Criminal Mastermind"
    > >anyway??
    >
    > LOL yeah... I had like 25 Masterminds and 50 Captain Heroes in my
    > game.
    >
    > >Why is this is? BECAUSE NOW THE GAME IS SO FREAKING REAL! And as I
    think
    > >of the task of managing these little Sim lifetimes now - let alone
    playing
    > >with Vampires and Zombies and Rewards and all the other fun stuff - I
    get
    > >totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do now! And I know that with
    the
    > >next EP there's going to be even more!
    > >
    > >So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription
    for
    > >xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy
    with
    > >this EP.
    >
    > LOL, just take sufficient doses of Nightlife...
    >
    > I envy you in your ability to get involved in each sim's life. My
    > playing style sort of takes a 'bigger picture' or grander scale where
    > it's more about macromanagement. Maybe I should try playing like that
    > too :-)
    > --It's like taking care of your own family,you want them to have fun,do
    something with their lives be happy.....

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Exactly. This is why I have such a hard time being "mean" to my Sims (i've
    never had the social worker come, or had a kid run away, or had a college
    student fail on scholastic probation....and I hate making zombies!). I want
    to see them happy. Is that so bad? :p

    Julie

    "crimbin" <cveilleux@lynxx.net> wrote in message

    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >> >So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription
    > for
    >> >xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy
    > with
    >> >this EP.
    >>
    >> LOL, just take sufficient doses of Nightlife...
    >>
    >> I envy you in your ability to get involved in each sim's life. My
    >> playing style sort of takes a 'bigger picture' or grander scale where
    >> it's more about macromanagement. Maybe I should try playing like that
    >> too :-)

    --It's like taking care of your own family,you want them to have fun,do
    > something with their lives be happy.....

    Mack was so upset this afternoon he was in tears. I couldn't take it, so
    I went to play his oldest kid in college. Blake wants to be Knowledge
    Guy, but he also knows Daddy wants to be a grandpa, so he's already
    chatting up this girl he's met. So far, so good--she hasn't slapped him
    yet and they actually have some chemistry. I hope he can keep his grades
    up, graduate, bring her home and marry her. His sister will be moving
    out in a couple of days; she might manage to find someone. Their kid
    brother is pretty much hopeless in the social department.

    I was so happy to see Sean come home from work and try to cheer up his
    hubby! I know dancing is not a substitute for grandchildren, but it is
    fun. ;-)

    I definitely need to get out more.

    Morgan

    marcesent wrote:

    > Exactly. This is why I have such a hard time being "mean" to my Sims (i've
    > never had the social worker come, or had a kid run away, or had a college
    > student fail on scholastic probation....and I hate making zombies!). I want
    > to see them happy. Is that so bad? :p
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > "crimbin" <cveilleux@lynxx.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >>for

    >>with

    >>>LOL, just take sufficient doses of Nightlife...
    >>>
    >>>I envy you in your ability to get involved in each sim's life. My
    >>>playing style sort of takes a 'bigger picture' or grander scale where
    >>>it's more about macromanagement. Maybe I should try playing like that
    >>>too :-)
    >>>

    > --It's like taking care of your own family,you want them to have fun,do
    >
    >>something with their lives be happy.....

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Imaginary quotes now.. Wow, who'd have thunk it.

    "Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message
    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    >> such perverted things in a children's game!"
    >> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
    >
    > Imaginary quotes now.. Wow, who'd have thunk it.

    thunk it? is that a real word? LOL

    It's not bad - I'd just find it a bit dull. I guess it's good we can all
    play the way we want.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > Exactly. This is why I have such a hard time being "mean" to my Sims
    (i've
    > never had the social worker come, or had a kid run away, or had a college
    > student fail on scholastic probation....and I hate making zombies!). I
    want
    > to see them happy. Is that so bad? :p
    >
    > Julie

    Ooo - sorry Julie,

    It occurred to me after I posted that, that I might have come across as a
    bit rude - apologies - I really didn't mean to be rude. I really meant that
    we do play the game in different ways.

    Best
    maxon

    > It's not bad - I'd just find it a bit dull. I guess it's good we can all
    > play the way we want.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Exactly. This is why I have such a hard time being "mean" to my Sims
    > (i've
    > > never had the social worker come, or had a kid run away, or had a
    college
    > > student fail on scholastic probation....and I hate making zombies!). I
    > want
    > > to see them happy. Is that so bad? :p
    > >
    > > Julie

    None taken! I think it's one of the great things about the game that
    there's really a niche for just about everybody.

    For me, I'm the "Sim Nurturer." I know I'm missing some things, but dang
    it, every time I torture my Sims I just feel awful. Hee hee!

    Maybe I just need to get out more. :D

    Take care,
    Julie

    > Ooo - sorry Julie,
    >
    > It occurred to me after I posted that, that I might have come across as a
    > bit rude - apologies - I really didn't mean to be rude. I really meant
    > that
    > we do play the game in different ways.
    >
    > Best
    > maxon

    >> It's not bad - I'd just find it a bit dull. I guess it's good we can all
    >> play the way we want.
    >>
    >> Best wishes
    >> maxon
    >>

    >> "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> > Exactly. This is why I have such a hard time being "mean" to my Sims
    >> (i've
    >> > never had the social worker come, or had a kid run away, or had a
    > college
    >> > student fail on scholastic probation....and I hate making zombies!). I
    >> want
    >> > to see them happy. Is that so bad? :p
    >> >
    >> > Julie

    What is so strange about me is that in Sims 1, I actually enjoyed
    killing some but in Sims 2, I start out to be mean with some of them &
    then I start trying to make their every wish come true. LOL I almost
    think of them as real people.

    deene

    crimbin wrote:
    > As for lifetime wants well,half of
    > the town are criminals and the other half is there to arrest them.

    Wow! The game really *is* realistic now.

    --
    --Cuth

    deene wrote:
    > "Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    >>>such perverted things in a children's game!"
    >>>-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
    >>
    >>Imaginary quotes now.. Wow, who'd have thunk it.
    >>

    > thunk it? is that a real word? LOL

    He evidentally thunk so.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > deene wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >>> Imaginary quotes now.. Wow, who'd have thunk it.
    >>>

    >> thunk it? is that a real word? LOL
    >

    > He evidentally thunk so.

    Actually, it's a phrase, not a word, and the proper usage is "whooda
    thunkit." That's my professional take on the matter.

    Morgan

    "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:432DA762.1080000@earthlink.net...
    > deene wrote:
    >> "Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    >>>Imaginary quotes now.. Wow, who'd have thunk it.
    >>>

    >> thunk it? is that a real word? LOL
    >
    > He evidentally thunk so.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    ROTFL

    deene

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >
    >> deene wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message

    >>> thunk it? is that a real word? LOL
    >>

    >> He evidentally thunk so.
    >>
    > Actually, it's a phrase, not a word, and the proper usage is "whooda
    > thunkit." That's my professional take on the matter.
    >
    > Morgan

    Ya know, I believe I have heard that phrase. Thanks for the 'clear-up'.

    deene

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:04:15 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:12:15 GMT, "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>path. How many Sims can be "Captain hero" or a "Criminal Mastermind"
    >>anyway??
    >
    >LOL yeah... I had like 25 Masterminds and 50 Captain Heroes in my
    >game.
    >
    >>Why is this is? BECAUSE NOW THE GAME IS SO FREAKING REAL! And as I think
    >>of the task of managing these little Sim lifetimes now - let alone playing
    >>with Vampires and Zombies and Rewards and all the other fun stuff - I get
    >>totally overwhelmed. There is so much to do now! And I know that with the
    >>next EP there's going to be even more!
    >>
    >>So I'm overwhelmed. I think I'm going to have to go get a prescription for
    >>xanax, or something. :) Suffice it to say, so far, I'm really happy with
    >>this EP.
    >
    >LOL, just take sufficient doses of Nightlife...
    >
    >I envy you in your ability to get involved in each sim's life. My
    >playing style sort of takes a 'bigger picture' or grander scale where
    >it's more about macromanagement. Maybe I should try playing like that
    >too :-)

    I find that I can't get interested in playing until I have a story
    going on. It's really hard to play a house just to manage
    wants/needs/careers until I have some interest in the individual Sims.
    I can't get going on Darren and Dirk Dreamer. I had some interest in
    Darren when he was whoohooing with my trailer trash teen, but that all
    happened at her place. At his own house and with his son, I just
    can't find a story that keeps me interested. I know I will if I keep
    trying, but until then, they're a real slog.

    But like marcesent, I find that it take for-freaking-ever to get
    anything done. I pause too much, I know--but I don't want to miss
    anything that's going on, so I'm always pausing and finding the other
    Sim(s) in the house and trying to keep track of all of them at once.

    No wonder I have problems playing multistory houses.

    No wonder I still have stuff from Sims 1 that I have never done. Have
    played the university part of Uni for maybe a couple of hours, just
    setting up a dorm, and never went back--still too involved in the
    Goth/Lothario/Goth story. Nightlife sounds way cool, though!

    I just wish I had time to play more than two or three hours every
    couple of weeks. At the rate I play, I'll never see the second
    generation Sims have kids of their own.

    BW
    (waving to those who had given me up for dead)

    <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message

    (snip)

    > BW
    > (waving to those who had given me up for dead)

    :::waving back:::

    You came up in conversation just the other day <G>--Glad you're still alive,
    sorry you're so busy!

    Still here, mostly lurking,
    ~Lucy

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:42:37 -0400, "hey lucy!"
    <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >
    >(snip)
    >
    >> BW
    >> (waving to those who had given me up for dead)
    >
    >:::waving back:::
    >
    >You came up in conversation just the other day <G>--Glad you're still alive,
    >sorry you're so busy!

    I swear, there has GOT to be a way to get more time to play Sims! I
    should try to set aside a certain evening each week or something.

    My sister plays a little more than I do, because she takes care of her
    granddaughter sometimes, and her granddaughter lovesthe game. (So
    does my sister, but like me, she has too much to do ordinarily.) Her
    granddaughter is six years old. She likes to order the Sims around.
    Interestingly, having seen them make beds, she started making her own
    bed--and my sister's bed!

    My sister has an orphanage, with a caretaker and seven orphans. She
    had a bug for a while in which one child was invisible and stuck in
    bed, and she couldn't get the child up or doing anything, so everyone
    on the lot was having problems, and the kids were getting taken away.
    She was finally able to fix it with my suggestion of getting someone
    on another lot to get the child over there (she might have had to use
    a teleporter).

    Now the orphans are all teens, and she's wondering about when they are
    adults--whether the game will automatically limit the family size to
    eight--i.e., there won't be any unplanned pregnancies (or planned, for
    that matter) because the house is already full. I'm guessing the game
    will provide "birth control" in this case.

    >Still here, mostly lurking,

    Glad to see you're still here too. Got Nightlife yet?

    BW

    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:42:37 -0400, "hey lucy!"
    > <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote:
    >

    >><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>(snip)
    >>
    >>> BW
    >>> (waving to those who had given me up for dead)
    >>
    >>:::waving back:::
    >>
    >>You came up in conversation just the other day <G>--Glad you're still
    >>alive,
    >>sorry you're so busy!
    >
    > I swear, there has GOT to be a way to get more time to play Sims! I
    > should try to set aside a certain evening each week or something.

    LMAO! I know the feeling.

    > My sister plays a little more than I do, because she takes care of her
    > granddaughter sometimes, and her granddaughter lovesthe game. (So
    > does my sister, but like me, she has too much to do ordinarily.) Her
    > granddaughter is six years old. She likes to order the Sims around.
    > Interestingly, having seen them make beds, she started making her own
    > bed--and my sister's bed!

    And here we are, trying to improve our time-management skills in order to
    have more time to play!

    I will continue to deny that the game is controlling ME, at least until I
    start rearranging furniture in order to make MY pathways more efficient.
    LOL!

    > My sister has an orphanage, with a caretaker and seven orphans. She
    > had a bug for a while in which one child was invisible and stuck in
    > bed, and she couldn't get the child up or doing anything, so everyone
    > on the lot was having problems, and the kids were getting taken away.
    > She was finally able to fix it with my suggestion of getting someone
    > on another lot to get the child over there (she might have had to use
    > a teleporter).
    >
    > Now the orphans are all teens, and she's wondering about when they are
    > adults--whether the game will automatically limit the family size to
    > eight--i.e., there won't be any unplanned pregnancies (or planned, for
    > that matter) because the house is already full. I'm guessing the game
    > will provide "birth control" in this case.

    Yes, you're right--no pregnancies or "try for baby" when there are already
    eight sims on the lot.

    >>Still here, mostly lurking,
    >
    > Glad to see you're still here too. Got Nightlife yet?

    Yup, but I hesitated. It's easier to have all the expansions when you're
    addicted to downloading. On the other hand, I never liked Hot Date all that
    much. As you know, I'm not very sociable in real life, and the idea of
    sending my sims out on dates--ugh! In fact, the whole "making friends"
    aspect of these games leaves me cold.

    I love the bowling alley, however, and I'm finding it enjoyable to just turn
    the little buggers loose downtown and watch them run amok <WEG>. As the
    game becomes more complicated, I find myself micro-managing less and
    less....

    > BW

    ~Lucy

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:34:57 -0400, "hey lucy!"
    <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote:

    ><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:42:37 -0400, "hey lucy!"

    <snip>

    >> Glad to see you're still here too. Got Nightlife yet?
    >
    >Yup, but I hesitated. It's easier to have all the expansions when you're
    >addicted to downloading. On the other hand, I never liked Hot Date all that
    >much. As you know, I'm not very sociable in real life, and the idea of
    >sending my sims out on dates--ugh! In fact, the whole "making friends"
    >aspect of these games leaves me cold.

    Me too. I was glad, with Sims 1, to find ways to make money without
    all that. I've got a "me" Sim in Sims 1 living in a ramshackle
    cottage with a hacked typewriter so she can write to make money.

    But I never did the dating thing very much with HD. I just liked
    having the downtown to go putz around. I loved my crummy pool hall
    and convenience/store laundromat, and I had some other downtown lots
    that I liked to play. I don't think I did the date thing more than a
    couple of times.

    >I love the bowling alley, however, and I'm finding it enjoyable to just turn
    >the little buggers loose downtown and watch them run amok <WEG>.

    That's what I liked about HD too. Sometimes, I would just watch them
    all do their thing. I'm glad to heard Nightlife will be fun that way
    too.

    >As the
    >game becomes more complicated, I find myself micro-managing less and
    >less....

    I guess I'm going to have to learn to be less of a control freak.

    I'm intimidated, though, but additional dimensions to the game. I
    hate the whole Aspirations thing, and I couldn't care less about the
    addition of influencing in University. I gather there's something new
    along those lines in Nightlife.

    I can understand it for those who really play and like new challenges,
    but I swear these games are getting *too* much like real life. If I
    wanted to manage a bunch of people's lives, I would have had kids!
    LOL!

    BW

    > On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:34:57 -0400, "hey lucy!"
    > <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote:
    >
    >><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:42:37 -0400, "hey lucy!"
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>> Glad to see you're still here too. Got Nightlife yet?
    >>
    >>Yup, but I hesitated. It's easier to have all the expansions when you're
    >>addicted to downloading. On the other hand, I never liked Hot Date all
    >>that
    >>much. As you know, I'm not very sociable in real life, and the idea of
    >>sending my sims out on dates--ugh! In fact, the whole "making friends"
    >>aspect of these games leaves me cold.
    >
    > Me too. I was glad, with Sims 1, to find ways to make money without
    > all that. I've got a "me" Sim in Sims 1 living in a ramshackle
    > cottage with a hacked typewriter so she can write to make money.

    LOL--that sounds like most of my sims. I've been using a hack in Sims2 that
    allows job promotions without requiring friends, but I haven't tried it with
    Nightlife yet. I was getting a little tired of making everyone paint to
    make money....

    > But I never did the dating thing very much with HD. I just liked
    > having the downtown to go putz around. I loved my crummy pool hall
    > and convenience/store laundromat, and I had some other downtown lots
    > that I liked to play. I don't think I did the date thing more than a
    > couple of times.

    One of the best features in Nightlife is being able to see the surrounding
    neighborhood--I'll post a pic in binaries. You can decorate a bit and
    everything looks wonderfully seedy--LOL!

    (snip)

    > I'm intimidated, though, but additional dimensions to the game. I
    > hate the whole Aspirations thing, and I couldn't care less about the
    > addition of influencing in University. I gather there's something new
    > along those lines in Nightlife.

    I pretty much ignore the aspirations, and don't bother with influencing
    anyone to do anything. Nightlife has attractions, or chemistry--or whatever
    they want to call it. You can pretty much ignore that too, although it
    allows the simmies to spontaneously interact with each other in some new and
    interesting ways. They get pissed off with each other now, and that can be
    quite entertaining <G>.

    > I can understand it for those who really play and like new challenges,
    > but I swear these games are getting *too* much like real life. If I
    > wanted to manage a bunch of people's lives, I would have had kids!
    > LOL!

    Amen to that, Sistah!

    > BW
    ~Lucy