PC won't reach BIOS

Hey guys. I really need your help. If I can avoid taking my PC back for repairs/replacements it would be great because its a really long drive and heavy traffic.

Before I start, heres my build:
Quote:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2gHz
Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X 1GB
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard
4GB Kingston DDR3-1333 RAM
Vantec ION2 600W PSU
Seagate 1TB hard drive

Right, let me start from the beginning. I've had this PC for about 2 months so far and it works great. About twice before this, it has failed to boot or even reach the BIOS. Resetting the BIOS by removing the battery for ~5mins did the trick each time.

Yesterday, I was busy using the PC when I got asked to go to a LAN, so I shut down to pack up. 5mins later Windows still says "Windows is shutting down...". So I dont think much of it, do a hard-shutdown and pack up. When I arrive and turn on my PC, nothing happens. No beeps. No BIOS. No display. I reset the BIOS as usual but it didnt work. A day later I'm still stuck.

What we have tried:
* Removing the graphics card and using onboard
* Further, removing the RAM and booting after adding 1 stick at a time
* Further, removing the hard drive
* Resetting BIOS

Nothing works. All the fans spin and all lights go on, but theres not even a beep. Its just dead. This really sucks because I didnt overclock or abuse my PC in any way. Let me add that I have transported it many times and it' always secure between the backseat and the drivers seat.

Please help guys, taking it back is going to be such a mission and I will need it for varsity by monday.
3 answers Last reply
More about reach bios
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Do you check if your processor and heat sink of the processor is properly adjusted?
  2. I have not checked that, but I'm very sure that nothing moved or was displaced. I dont see how a CPU can loosen in transit. I'll check and post back here, thanks
  3. I took it in today, it turned out to be a faulty RAM stick

EDIT: why the hell did the motherboard not emit any sort of error code?!?!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Motherboards