PC won't reach BIOS

AnthIste

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hey guys. I really need your help. If I can avoid taking my PC back for repairs/replacements it would be great because its a really long drive and heavy traffic.

Before I start, heres my build:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2gHz
Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X 1GB
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard
4GB Kingston DDR3-1333 RAM
Vantec ION2 600W PSU
Seagate 1TB hard drive

Right, let me start from the beginning. I've had this PC for about 2 months so far and it works great. About twice before this, it has failed to boot or even reach the BIOS. Resetting the BIOS by removing the battery for ~5mins did the trick each time.

Yesterday, I was busy using the PC when I got asked to go to a LAN, so I shut down to pack up. 5mins later Windows still says "Windows is shutting down...". So I dont think much of it, do a hard-shutdown and pack up. When I arrive and turn on my PC, nothing happens. No beeps. No BIOS. No display. I reset the BIOS as usual but it didnt work. A day later I'm still stuck.

What we have tried:
* Removing the graphics card and using onboard
* Further, removing the RAM and booting after adding 1 stick at a time
* Further, removing the hard drive
* Resetting BIOS

Nothing works. All the fans spin and all lights go on, but theres not even a beep. Its just dead. This really sucks because I didnt overclock or abuse my PC in any way. Let me add that I have transported it many times and it' always secure between the backseat and the drivers seat.

Please help guys, taking it back is going to be such a mission and I will need it for varsity by monday.

AnthIste

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I have not checked that, but I'm very sure that nothing moved or was displaced. I dont see how a CPU can loosen in transit. I'll check and post back here, thanks